By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Everyone should play Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber right now*.

makingmusic476 said:
Khuutra said:

And yet it's true. It's between this, Majora's Mask, and Conker.

I like this game that much.

Well then, I shall check it out.

One day, after beating all the other games I'm in the middle of.  =x

It's written by the guy who wrote FFXII and Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story.

Around the Network

Micromanagement is great when done correctly.

And that music is regal and epic.

But I'm too busy being recommended with Mother 3, Final Fantasy 4, Majora's Mask, and Conker to consider this. So whoops.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:

But I'm too busy being recommended with Mother 3, Final Fantasy 4, Majora's Mask, and Conker to consider this. So whoops.

You're not allowed to play Mother 3 until you beat EarthBound, nor Majora's Mask until you beat Ocarina.

Also, if it's really not your intention to play the game, why come in here? This is a place for people to talk about playing the game.

Khuutra said:
dtewi said:

You're not allowed to play Mother 3 until you beat EarthBound, nor Majora's Mask until you beat Ocarina.

Also, if it's really not your intention to play the game, why come in here? This is a place for people to talk about playing the game.

Meh, I'll look in the game.

After I beat the plethora of games I'm getting soon. Seems quirky, fun, and intense.

And I like to have micromanagement in some games. Feels like you have more cotrol over what happens and is based solely around your own strategy and skill.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

trangentspree said:

I recently bought this game on Virtual Console, and my life drastically changed for the better because of it.

How far in are you, my brother from another Mother?

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
makingmusic476 said:
I refuse!

Listen to me very, very carefully. I want you to understand this with all the gravity that it's possible to understand what I'm about to say.

If you asked me what my favorite game released in 2000 was, it would take me a long time to answer.

Get it?

It wouldn't take me long to answer... and this would be it.  I plan to drop some wii points on this soonish just so I have a digital copy to go with my physical one.

Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:

Listen to me very, very carefully. I want you to understand this with all the gravity that it's possible to understand what I'm about to say.

If you asked me what my favorite game released in 2000 was, it would take me a long time to answer.

Get it?

It wouldn't take me long to answer... and this would be it.  I plan to drop some wii points on this soonish just so I have a digital copy to go with my physical one.

Either I didn't like this game as much as you or I liked Majora's Mask more. Either way, I am disturbed!

But I am playing this game right now. Four missions in four hours!

This is a long game. And so great.

Khuutra said:
Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:

Get it?

Either I didn't like this game as much as you or I liked Majora's Mask more. Either way, I am disturbed!

But I am playing this game right now. Four missions in four hours!

This is a long game. And so great.

It's probably a little of both.  I enjoyed the first half of Majoras mask, but afterawhile the "moon falling" angle just started to bug me.

Having to "restart time" after adventuring to attempt a dungeon just got old afterawhile.  All told this is my favorite N64 game. 

Hybrid Heaven is up there too... if you've never played it, picture stopping an alien invasion with martial arts and wrestling moves in a turnbased system that's like Vagrant Story. 

Khuutra said:
trangentspree said:

I recently bought this game on Virtual Console, and my life drastically changed for the better because of it.

How far in are you, my brother from another Mother?

I think I'm about 20 hours in or so. I'm off in the West after having three choices on how I wanted to liberate a town.

Really the amount of choice available in this game is amazing. And not just for the N64 either, it really makes you feel like the choices you make have an important effect on how the game plays out.

I'm trying my hardest to be the best do-gooder possible right now, but already I cannot wait to start my second playthrough so I can be the most wretched scum of the earth!

And I have a question! When are character turns into a zombie can they ever be useful in that form, or can they at least be salvaged? I've had it happen once or twice and I've simply replaced the character with another.

trangentspree said:

I think I'm about 20 hours in or so. I'm off in the West after having three choices on how I wanted to liberate a town.

Really the amount of choice available in this game is amazing. And not just for the N64 either, it really makes you feel like the choices you make have an important effect on how the game plays out.

I'm trying my hardest to be the best do-gooder possible right now, but already I cannot wait to start my second playthrough so I can be the most wretched scum of the earth!

And I have a question! When are character turns into a zombie can they ever be useful in that form, or can they at least be salvaged? I've had it happen once or twice and I've simply replaced the character with another.

You're really better off just replacing them.

Protip, though: if you sell all your Old or Tatter Clothes (or Plain Clothes I forget which, just get rid of all of them), your dead people won't turn into zombies! It is great.