By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - halo reach- 6 million first week?

Just because ioi said it would reach a certain number of preorders doesn't mean that it will. I don't see this game being as big as MW2, i'm guessing first week will be more like 3-4m.

Halo is definitely starting to lose some of it's appeal, and although the MP is the most important part, the story behind the series has really gone south since the first one.

Around the Network
eggs2see said:
Just because ioi said it would reach a certain number of preorders doesn't mean that it will. I don't see this game being as big as MW2, i'm guessing first week will be more like 3-4m.

Halo is definitely starting to lose some of it's appeal, and although the MP is the most important part, the story behind the series has really gone south since the first one.

And how do you figure?

eggs2see said:

You realize if it reaches the high end of your prediction, it will surpass what Halo 3 did, making your conclusion incorrect?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
eggs2see said:

You realize if it reaches the high end of your prediction, it will surpass what Halo 3 did, making your conclusion incorrect?

Snap.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

yo_john117 said:
eggs2see said:

And how do you figure?

As i said the story is wearing pretty thin, infact the whole halo universe is.  And COD has come along and stolen it's thunder.  That is how i figure.

@ the man with no name, when halo 3 launched there were something like 10m x360's there are much more now, so while reach could very well have a better first week i doubt it will sell as many lifetime.

@fastyxx i don't see how at all? but i guess your just attacking me because i didn't say halo reach will sell 10m first week

Around the Network

Halo 3 odst did 2.2mil first week and that was with a bit of negativity around it. I think this will do 5mil week one if it has positive buzz. While install base doesn't proportionally increase sales, your high if you think 10mil-40mil install base won't effect sales. I won't be too surprised if lifetime is lower though unless the game has a good campaign. I know a number of people who don't play xbox online and they buy games for their campaigns. I'm sure there are many more.

i think around 4.8 million 1st week is my guess.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

depends on the beta, microsoft needs to advertise well and depending on E3( hopefully they show sum of the campaign)

9-0987piy;iu;iuo;ui;iu

it will sell 1.5 mill worldwide the first day , the fan base is much smaller than it was before i doubt its gonna reach 6 mill lifetime

flowjo said:
it will sell 1.5 mill worldwide the first day , the fan base is much smaller than it was before i doubt its gonna reach 6 mill lifetime

Highly doubt that it will do worse than ODST did, in fact provided that MS pull off the Beta as well as do some pretty niche advertising, this may be the bestselling halo in the near future. ALOT of people still play Halo 3 online despite it's flaws and new releases, I see around 250k-300k every time I am on. And neither ODST nor Halo 3 had a beta release(None that I have played anyway :( ) and still quite a lot of people put their faith in it and brought the game.

The history is written by the Victors.