By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - halo reach- 6 million first week?

rossoner said:
fastyxx said:
I think it could do 8 million if the response to the beta is strong. It could do as low as 5 if people aren't blown away by it.

Ask this question again about May 10.

8 millions?surpassing mw2  first week?what re u smoking son

ot-4 mills.

Halo 3 had a 33% attach rate in the first week.

Halo:Reach would need less than a 17-19% attach rate (depending on how many consoles they mnove this summer) first week to hit 8 million.  I said it was top end, but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

If you think Halo: Reach can't do MW2 numbers on 360, you are smoking something yourself.  Remember that it's exclusive on top of it, so you have NO one choosing PS3 or PC versions over 360 versions.  Zero.  MW2 numbers for 360 could be even higher if it were exclusive, right?

My prediction is 6.5 million, but 8 is not out of the realm of possibility.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network
RaidenChief88 said:
Adobo said:
this game is going to be hype so much, Nintendo, Sony, and all shooters fans will buy xbox for this kick ass game.

That's a smart statement...not. This is now the 5th game in the Halo series and I doubt it will sell 6 million first week. I would bet it will sell around 2.5-3 million. With the bulk, at least 75-80% coming in NA.

Forget all the lame "the MS Hype machine will be in full drive for this one" statements, they are cliche and lame.

I am a proud 360 supporter and I have only a small interest in this game.

You're on crack.   If ODST sold 2.7 in the first two weeks, you really think Reach is going to sell less than that?

We have already established that it's going to do 2.5-3 million PREORDERS!!  Let alone overall sales.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

ioi said:
I'd say 5m worldwide week one is definitely possible...

Would you say feasible?

Also, does this end the thread? The man has spoken.

call it halo 4 and then yes!

tuscaniman said:
Grey21 said:
It all depends on how much they hype it, Halo 3 was hyped beyond believe. They never showed so many tv spots for a game in my country before, there was about as much advertisement as for a movie like Pirates of the Carribean 3. If they do that again then 6 million is possible under the best of circumstances.

Personally I think Reach will come close to Halo3 's lifetime sales but it will have a slow start. I know I got Halo 3 in the first week due to the hype. But I regret buying it so soon as I'm used to getting a long single player campaign from a full price game. So I wont be getting Reach until it's 50% off and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

It definately won't have a slow start.  Off topic: Are you not a multiplayer person? If you only buy games for campaign I could see waiting but if you plan on waiting for 50% off you won't be getting the game till next gen or you will be buying a used copy a couple years down the road.

Naturally with a slow start I mean relative to Halo 2 and 3, the opening week will beat almost all games including million sellers I'm just expecting that it won't come close to Halo 3's and Cod:MW2's launch week.

I enjoy multiplayer every now and then, I just can't get myself to play multiplayer for more then 30 minutes in a row. Halo 3 has been 50% off for a long time now and ODST is 50% in my country aswell so I think I'll be able to get Reach before this gen is over.

Around the Network
headshot91 said:
call it halo 4 and then yes!

This.

But I believe the beta multiplayer will create a lot of buzz and re-unite the Halo fanbase.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

fastyxx said:
rossoner said:
fastyxx said:
I think it could do 8 million if the response to the beta is strong. It could do as low as 5 if people aren't blown away by it.

Ask this question again about May 10.

8 millions?surpassing mw2  first week?what re u smoking son

ot-4 mills.

Halo 3 had a 33% attach rate in the first week.

Halo:Reach would need less than a 17-19% attach rate (depending on how many consoles they mnove this summer) first week to hit 8 million.  I said it was top end, but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

If you think Halo: Reach can't do MW2 numbers on 360, you are smoking something yourself.  Remember that it's exclusive on top of it, so you have NO one choosing PS3 or PC versions over 360 versions.  Zero.  MW2 numbers for 360 could be even higher if it were exclusive, right?

My prediction is 6.5 million, but 8 is not out of the realm of possibility.

first i meant mw2 on both consoles,if im not wrong it sold about 7 millions.Yes it can do better than mw2 just on 360,but 8 millions?cmon be honest to urself.and to me looked like every1 bought mw2 even people who had no interest in game,ey were hyped by constant ads and trailers.and being exklusive doesnt automa. means it ll sell more.and install base means nothing,proven in 90% cases.

i can take all predictions with consideration,but 8 millions?aint happening

Not groundbreaking numbers but there was an increase of roughly 15% between the sales of Halo 2 and 3, provided there is an increase of 15% on Reach, then the numbers will be somewhere around 4.4-4.5m.

All in all, the response will depend upon the Beta, we'll see the general stance a week after Beta's release

The history is written by the Victors.

Having only purchased one new game, which was already two years old. And only buyng used or bundled games...Halo Reach is gonna be a day one purchase for me.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

not that halo isn't a great game or anything but I seriously don't think that's going to happen................