By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - halo reach- 6 million first week?

IOI said that there is probably going to be about 3 million preorders in the US alone. So this would mean about 4.5 million sales in the US alone. add another 1.5 million for all the other countries and you get 6 million....is this obtainable?

Around the Network

It all depends on how much they hype it, Halo 3 was hyped beyond believe. They never showed so many tv spots for a game in my country before, there was about as much advertisement as for a movie like Pirates of the Carribean 3. If they do that again then 6 million is possible under the best of circumstances.

Personally I think Reach will come close to Halo3 's lifetime sales but it will have a slow start. I know I got Halo 3 in the first week due to the hype. But I regret buying it so soon as I'm used to getting a long single player campaign from a full price game. So I wont be getting Reach until it's 50% off and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

That would be insane if it happened.

A 2.2 million jump over first week Halo 3 numbers. Smashing MW2's record on the 360 by over 1.1 million for launch week.

Does 3 million preorders usually translate into 4.5 million in sales? That's a 50% increase.

toastboy44562 said:

IOI said that there is probably going to be about 3 million preorders in the US alone. So this would mean about 4.5 million sales in the US alone. add another 1.5 million for all the other countries and you get 6 million....is this obtainable?

First week sales = 1.5 * final preorders is reserved for Wii games and long legged PS360 games. I think if halo ends up with 3 million preorders it'll more likely end up on 4 million sales max first week USA

No, I think that's a tad too much. I'd say 4.5 million is possibly but 4 million more likely.

Around the Network

All I know, is that this game is gonna rock socks off.

I say 5 Mil Week 1

it will sell alot first week but it has no chance in hell of getting 6million. id say more like 3-4million

FantasySky said:
it will sell alot first week but it has no chance in hell of getting 6million. id say more like 3-4million

If BUNGIE and MS don't screw up big time with the beta that will be possible, I would say like 5,65million first week WW and about 4million in US

Somewhere in between MW2 and Halo 3.

Doubt it's going to sell more than 5m week one.