By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - halo reach- 6 million first week?

5 million is a good guess. 4 in NA and 1 million in Others... and 60k in Japan.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Eh, six million seems like quite a lot. Is it possible? Sure I just don't think it's probable. I'm thinking it will be right around 5 million or so first week which is still INSANE. It's first week would outsell almost every other blockbuster from this gen's LIFETIME sales.

I think between 5-5.5 million first week WW.

Reach will be center stage at E3 along with Natal. And will sell more lifetime than Halo 3 by about 2 million. In the end it's Bungies swan song.

No, I think 4 million is more realistic.

Grey21 said:
It all depends on how much they hype it, Halo 3 was hyped beyond believe. They never showed so many tv spots for a game in my country before, there was about as much advertisement as for a movie like Pirates of the Carribean 3. If they do that again then 6 million is possible under the best of circumstances.

Personally I think Reach will come close to Halo3 's lifetime sales but it will have a slow start. I know I got Halo 3 in the first week due to the hype. But I regret buying it so soon as I'm used to getting a long single player campaign from a full price game. So I wont be getting Reach until it's 50% off and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

So what do you consider a long single player campaign? Halo 3's campaign took me about the same amount of time as Bioshock, Killzone 2, or any other FPS, longer than a lot of them like Call of Duty 4 or MW2. Do you just not buy any FPS at full price then? That would make sense, in fact, you must not buy a lot of games at full price. I'm not attacking you just wondering what your buying preference is. I don't like any game with a single player campaign less than 10 hours or so for full price, 11 - 12 if no multi is included, but FPS with a nice multi-player suite can go as low as 8 and I'll be satisfied.

Around the Network

this game is going to be hype so much, Nintendo, Sony, and all shooters fans will buy xbox for this kick ass game.

Adobo said:
this game is going to be hype so much, Nintendo, Sony, and all shooters fans will buy xbox for this kick ass game.

That's a smart statement...not. This is now the 5th game in the Halo series and I doubt it will sell 6 million first week. I would bet it will sell around 2.5-3 million. With the bulk, at least 75-80% coming in NA.

Forget all the lame "the MS Hype machine will be in full drive for this one" statements, they are cliche and lame.

I am a proud 360 supporter and I have only a small interest in this game.

Well 6 million FW would be so awesome, but I don't think it will do more than 4.5-5 million FW.

Either way Halo: Reach is gonna be the best game this year at the least!

It's a prequel with no mc but it will get the ad budget, it may be bungie's last and it has the H word in the title. 4,917,562 wk1.

Recon1O1 said:
It's a prequel with no mc but it will get the ad budget, it may be bungie's last and it has the H word in the title. 4,917,562 wk1.

I love your very specific prediction, it would be so sweet if you were EXACTLY right.