By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - halo reach- 6 million first week?

flowjo said:
it will sell 1.5 mill worldwide the first day , the fan base is much smaller than it was before i doubt its gonna reach 6 mill lifetime

Lol post of the day

The history is written by the Victors.

Around the Network

I dunno. 4 million is guaranteed. 5 million is also a possibility, tough 6... thats a bit much. It could happen, if the hype is big enough, but if it will have some rivals ( Fable, Natal etc.) it will be hard to reach those numbers in its first week. The advertisement budget will be split among those and it will also get less attention from gamers if this cenario will come true...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

MS is a corporate giant, they WILL be prepared to hype all of those things at the same time just to drive the point home. No matter if it costs them a huge amount of money, the revenue from those games, if hyped correctly could put them into a profit margin anyway

The history is written by the Victors.

i think alot will depend on the upcoming Beta if it turns out well and they listen to what people dont like and like then maybe those figures could happen.

I think Halo has already peaked with Halo3 with its current formula.

Halo reach brings nothing amazingly different for the series, not that it is bad, but it is the same story with pokemon.

Even a good damn game with the most addictive formula gets old.

Halo needs a reboot.

Around the Network
Bamboleo said:
I think Halo has already peaked with Halo3 with its current formula.

Halo reach brings nothing amazingly different for the series, not that it is bad, but it is the same story with pokemon.

Even a good damn game with the most addictive formula gets old.

Halo needs a reboot.

Yea I forgot since Reach is totally like ODST, damn you bungie your not getting my money again

6 million is not at all likely. I'd say something like 4.5 million FW.

MS is willing to put big money to advertise this but I think Halo 3 was the limit. What they did then was the biggest hyping in gaming history and they gained loads so I think they want that again. Since 2 Halo games have already been released (3 inc Wars), there won't be a big boost. I predict 3.5 FW and 5.5 first month. Quote me on that.

MS is willing to put big money to advertise this but I think Halo 3 was the limit. What they did then was the biggest hyping in gaming history and they gained loads so I think they want that again. Since 2 Halo games have already been released (3 inc Wars), there won't be a big boost. I predict 3.5 FW and 5.5 first month. Quote me on that.

I say at least 4 million first week, the most 5 million

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB