By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

iPad = iFail

Totally 180 73.17%

But, but, it's so innovative...! 66 26.83%

Total:246

Well the HP TC 1100 was like $2000? took 7 years to equivalently drop it down to $499? lol

Around the Network

iDon'tCare

it won, it won't

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

I voted for the second option for the lulz of it.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

AngelFire18 said:
omg the thing with the pen is ancient! IT'S HUGE! (THATS WHAT SHE SAID)

Agreed. And that dog in your sig made me laugh so hard apple juice shot out my nose.

Around the Network

As much as I hate responding seriously to this chart, there are some things I must point out

Comparing clock speeds between different processors is stupid. That thing ran a celeron.

The ipad uses flash memory, not a magnetic harddrive. This is because Apple believes their customers prefer speed, reliability and low power consumption over the ability to store weeks worth of video. Advantage, Apple.

Screen and size both are the same, but that's not the sort of thing that is expected to improve over time, so why mention it?

The ipod uses stero through the headphone jack, it's just the built in speakers that are mono

neither have a camera so why mention it?

USB, SD and PC card slots are the only advantages of this thing

Ipad does have a headphone jack - this chart is incorrect
" VGA - this chart is incorrect
RJ45 is unimportant, the Iphone has 802.11 n, which this other thing doesnt :P

Also, would you like to find the price of this thing?

That chart seems a bit biased really, seems to be missing a lot of the things the pad has that the HP one doesn't and also has put the pad as not having usb and headphones which it does. I did not check the others but im guessing they will probably be wrong too.

I myself won't buy one, have no need for it. It is not a games system etc..

But i can appreciate why it has been getting good reviews and why it has done well sales wise. (sold more then PS3).

Oneday home pc's will be smaller then what they currently are. Without people trying out new technology we would never progress.

i dont see what all the ipad hate is about...yes, it overpriced. but for rich people, its worth it. its an amazing portable device. its in between a pc and laptop...that hp thing from the caveman era doesnt have the software and support the ipad has.

Imagine my surprise at seeing the web filled with news of iPad problems after it launched (fucked up wi-fi anyone?). Not only does this have the usual Apple beta feeling to it, riddled with flaws and technical issues, it is also utterly useless to anyone save for those who haven't heard of smartphones and/or laptops.
Ye gods, blows a hole in the whole notion that consumers aren't a flock of dumb sheep who buy anything as long as the right logo is on it.

I can't decide who the bigger losers are: the people that flocked to buy one of these day one when they know a better one will come out in a year, or the people that feel the desire to go on websites and rant about how stupid THOSE people are. This feels like a Star Trek vs. Star Wars kind of nerd fight, lots of slapping and name calling, but no real damage.