By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

iPad = iFail

Totally 180 73.17%

But, but, it's so innovative...! 66 26.83%

Total:246

It is overpriced, overrated, etc. , but its not a failure. Especially financially it will be a success.

Around the Network

The ipad has the apple app store to back it up remember?

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

CommonMan said:
I can't decide who the bigger losers are: the people that flocked to buy one of these day one when they know a better one will come out in a year, or the people that feel the desire to go on websites and rant about how stupid THOSE people are. This feels like a Star Trek vs. Star Wars kind of nerd fight, lots of slapping and name calling, but no real damage.

I was gonna have to point out to you that Star wars is infinitely better, then I realised from your display pic that you already know that :P

scottie said:
CommonMan said:
I can't decide who the bigger losers are: the people that flocked to buy one of these day one when they know a better one will come out in a year, or the people that feel the desire to go on websites and rant about how stupid THOSE people are. This feels like a Star Trek vs. Star Wars kind of nerd fight, lots of slapping and name calling, but no real damage.

I was gonna have to point out to you that Star wars is infinitely better, then I realised from your display pic that you already know that :P

I actually like them both, but yeah, that is one bias that I wear pretty openly. I am 100% comfortable with that as well.

Also, I'm a Picard guy as far as Star Trek goes, he may be my next Avatar. Kirk Schmirk, Sisco Schmisco, Janeway Schmaneway.

CommonMan said:
scottie said:
CommonMan said:

I actually like them both, but yeah, that is one bias that I wear pretty openly. I am 100% comfortable with that as well.

Also, I'm a Picard guy as far as Star Trek goes, he may be my next Avatar. Kirk Schmirk, Sisco Schmisco, Janeway Schmaneway.

But Star Wars has Jar Jar Binks.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

Around the Network
Damnyouall said:
CommonMan said:
scottie said:
CommonMan said:

But Star Wars has Jar Jar Binks.

Due to my fanboy colored glasses I can see them without that flaw. Also, I'm one of "those" Star Wars fans that is too stuck up to admit that Episodes 1 - 3 really count.

I think Ipad is a pretty cool device.

And it doesnt matter what hardware is inside, its about what it offers to customers.

What this shows is that Apple is able to get a premium for bundling technology that others have already put forth but in not as a complete package.

Mike from Morgantown

PS -- http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/04/ipad-wifi/
Ipad wifi issues.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAl28d6tbko

Cthulhu said:
icrap - iwaste - ijoke - ifail - iuseless

agreed.