By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

iPad = iFail

Totally 180 73.17%

But, but, it's so innovative...! 66 26.83%

Total:246
Netyaroze said:

I have yet to test it to make up my mind.

But to the people which said its overpriced:

No its not overpriced. In my eyes its cheap. And I mean really cheap 400 Dollar is cheap. A netbook costs also 400 Dollar a good nokia even more 500-600 Dollar.

Apples mobiles: Iphone and the Ipad are surprisingly cheap you cant even get a good phone without contract for that price. Also the Iphone was so cheap in america I really thought it was a joke thats why my aunt brought 5 Iphones right after the release. For the same price I could have gotten 2 Nokia N9X.

And the best is its Apple. That means nice OS and cool handling plus great design. I dont understand at all that people say its overpriced. What would be the right price ? 200 Dollar ?

Money looses value over the time. And 100 Dollar is not that much if you eat cheap you can go to a restaurant with 4 people for it once. I wonder why people complain always about the prices of technology when fact is that technology is the only good out of all goods thats getting cheaper. Everything else costs more and more. But electronics are cheaper and better and still people complain.

The Ipad can be resold after 2 years for 200 Dollar. That means you have spend per month 8 Dollar for it. And per week 2 Dollar. Thats redicolously cheap I mean if you buy one package cornflakes per week you spend more then for your Ipad.

Also Apple products have a better resell value then other products. Because the brand has a certain coolness factor.

All in all this is a good deal. Its not overpriced imo. 18 years ago a PC was 5000 Dollar. a cheap Car was 10000 Dollar today its 15000 Dollar and a PC 500 Dollar so why complain ?

Can someone explain me why this is overpriced maybe I am overlooking some facts.

Apples value is not just the sum of the technology thats never been the reason why Apple is succesful but the design and the software are value you cant say. Ok this PC offers this processor and this HDD and still its cheaper. But thats not what apple is about. Its the soft factors thats why they are succesful its not about the technology.

Its not even close to cheap.

32GB iPod Touch = $299
32GB iPad WiFi = $599 ($300 more for a larger screen, seriously?)

DELL Laptop for $599

- Much larger screen
- Far larger storage
- Far more software uses
- Far better internet capablities
- Has camera
- Has upgradeability

The only features the iPad have better would be the touch interface. The portability is arguably better for the laptop as its screen is not as suseptable to damage since it closes on itself. The iPad would require additional casing to keep it safe and protected.

The iPad is priced too high as all apple products. I wouldn't pay more than $300 for that 32GB model. At that price, I would expect it to not only have the iPhone/iPod touch features, but also a more netbook style feature set based on Macbooks. Full browser experience, better connections, etc.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Netyaroze said:

I have yet to test it to make up my mind.

But to the people which said its overpriced:

No its not overpriced. In my eyes its cheap. And I mean really cheap 400 Dollar is cheap. A netbook costs also 400 Dollar a good nokia even more 500-600 Dollar.

Apples mobiles: Iphone and the Ipad are surprisingly cheap you cant even get a good phone without contract for that price. Also the Iphone was so cheap in america I really thought it was a joke thats why my aunt brought 5 Iphones right after the release. For the same price I could have gotten 2 Nokia N9X.

And the best is its Apple. That means nice OS and cool handling plus great design. I dont understand at all that people say its overpriced. What would be the right price ? 200 Dollar ?

Money looses value over the time. And 100 Dollar is not that much if you eat cheap you can go to a restaurant with 4 people for it once. I wonder why people complain always about the prices of technology when fact is that technology is the only good out of all goods thats getting cheaper. Everything else costs more and more. But electronics are cheaper and better and still people complain.

The Ipad can be resold after 2 years for 200 Dollar. That means you have spend per month 8 Dollar for it. And per week 2 Dollar. Thats redicolously cheap I mean if you buy one package cornflakes per week you spend more then for your Ipad.

Also Apple products have a better resell value then other products. Because the brand has a certain coolness factor.

All in all this is a good deal. Its not overpriced imo. 18 years ago a PC was 5000 Dollar. a cheap Car was 10000 Dollar today its 15000 Dollar and a PC 500 Dollar so why complain ?

Can someone explain me why this is overpriced maybe I am overlooking some facts.

Apples value is not just the sum of the technology thats never been the reason why Apple is succesful but the design and the software are value you cant say. Ok this PC offers this processor and this HDD and still its cheaper. But thats not what apple is about. Its the soft factors thats why they are succesful its not about the technology.

Its not even close to cheap.

32GB iPod Touch = $299
32GB iPad WiFi = $599 ($300 more for a larger screen, seriously?)

DELL Laptop for $599

- Much larger screen
- Far larger storage
- Far more software uses
- Far better internet capablities
- Has camera
- Has upgradeability

The only features the iPad have better would be the touch interface. The portability is arguably better for the laptop as its screen is not as suseptable to damage since it closes on itself. The iPad would require additional casing to keep it safe and protected.

The iPad is priced too high as all apple products. I wouldn't pay more than $300 for that 32GB model. At that price, I would expect it to not only have the iPhone/iPod touch features, but also a more netbook style feature set based on Macbooks. Full browser experience, better connections, etc.

I have yet to test it. 

But the screen alone costs 90 Dollar Isuppli said that the parts for the cheapest Ipad are 229 Dollar just the parts so lets think they need to make some profit and there are the costs for Software and development.

I bet you think damn the parts are just half the price but all companies do that the parts are always just half (or less) the price. The idea is expensive and the image not the parts.  

The parts cost the same as parts for 400-600 Dollar Smartphones.

It comes out here in in two weeks then i will test it but you have to compare it to other tablet pcs and not to a Notebook.

The brand name is important and its probably the most valuable part on the Ipad. Why ? because it makes sure that the thing you bought has an higher resell value then other products.

mabye its a disappointment software wise. But I can agree that we disagree it depends on the point of view.  

why is there so much negativity in apple threads?

ameratsu said:

What a cherry picked chart.

How about product thickness? Strangely missing.
Battery life?
User interface?
Ease of use?
Software specifically designed for the piece of hardware?
Oh no, the iPad doesn't have a PC card slot!

I know some of you wish Apple would die in a fire and disappear (the no buttons, no go thread made me run out of facepalms yesterday) but I wish those people would realize this is the same bs distinction that gamers made before the Wii launch and continues to this day. You don't like a touchscreen only interface? Cool, stfu and find something constructive to contribute.

Just because the device lacks any physical, pronounced buttons, doesn't mean the device is worth shrugging off because of your own personal biases. Any device that is or will be a significant platform should get objective discussion here, regardless of the company behind it. Given the amount of software sold on the App Store since the iPhone launch, it deserves our attention with respect to gaming.

There will always be fanbois opposed to something that they do not own (see PS3 fanbois rating ME2 a 0). I try to just tune them out. Life is alot better that way for me.

Apple is after the E reader / netbook / casual gamer market with the Ipad. I do like that Apple had the clout to break the Amazon lock down on E distribution even thou this will make E books cost more in the short term. The main issue for a E reader that I see is the Ipad's backlit screen. I would have prefered a system that could do E ink as well. The cost is a pretty minor issue for me.

What are your thoughts on reasons for buying an Ipad?  

Darth_Snutch said:
AngelFire18 said:
omg the thing with the pen is ancient! IT'S HUGE! (THATS WHAT SHE SAID)

Agreed. And that dog in your sig made me laugh so hard apple juice shot out my nose.

but for realzzzz.... my friend got an ipad the day it came out.. it is very business efficent...ys it came with more games then apps business wise but but hesaid honestly it fells more like a feminine product. whitch after playing with it it kinda does... it is smaller then i thought it would be...but on the up side they have re4 for the ipad and on the down side they have mirrors edge for it.. so it has its ups and downs. and they are all one size the only difference between them is that they have more space in the more expensive models.

Brawl Code- 3179-6370-3098 Name:Richi   

Mk Code-3480-4494-2675 Name:Richi

Around the Network

You have to admit the ipad looks really good, but just wait for HP's Slate (it has better specs)

So is it as powerful as the PSP for gaming?

Slimebeast said:
So is it as powerful as the PSP for gaming?

The games on my PSP look better at this time. It will be interesting as developers get more famaliar with the Ipad thou.

The only thing I feel it is worth comparing to is an iPhone.

iPhone:
Cheaper
More functionality (can be used as a phone for one thing)
Can fit in your pocket.

iPad:
Larger screen.

I just don't see the point of the iPad.... if you want a portable PC, a netbook is far better and cheaper. If you want a multimedia device/phone, an iPhone (or some HTC phone) is just as good/better and cheaper.

ipad is a supersized itouch its not that great..

I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me. What Video Game Character Are You?