By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

iPad = iFail

Totally 180 73.17%

But, but, it's so innovative...! 66 26.83%

Total:246

While most of us seem to agree that this isn't the way to go for gaming, I thought I'd share this little tidbit with you.

EDIT: Apparently the iPad does have a headphone jack, so ignore this part.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

Around the Network

Err, no.

Tease.

the iPad probably outsold the HP TC 1100 day one despite the 7 year headstart...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Well the ipad looked like a great product that worked well. But according to that chart I'd enjoy that thing with the pen more...

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

What the specs don't show is what is more important here.. The software for the iPad is designed AROUND the hardware, the HP is most likely running Windows XP and really, that isn't a very compelling experience, much less a good one.

You should not, and cannot compare it to anything else out there, because it isn't like anything else out there. I don't plan to purchase one and in fact the only apple product I own is an 8GB iPod Nano from two years ago (this is where you make the inference that even reasonable and unbiased people can see where you went wrong here).

Oh it's fun being confrontational :D

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
the iPad probably outsold the HP TC 1100 day one despite the 7 year headstart...

Yes, and people have also put little babies in microwaves so sometimes stupid people do stupid things... like buying an Ipad.

I can see where the Ipad has additional value over the HP tablet and I don't take this comparison as proof that it is an Ifail but it is useless for the average consumer yet they buy it...

Cerain professionals could use a device like the Ipad and the Courier but the Ipad is seems to sell to people who don't even need it. It's not a original device yet Apple manages to make it seem that way. It just isn't fair to the real creators of original devices like the smartphone and tablet to see Apple re-package it and sell it for double the price and get double the marketshare.

The iPad isn't really meant for gaming.  It's main draw is its convenience.  It's just a handy little(ish) gadget for surfing the net, using apps, watching movies and reading ebooks.

It's not competing with games consoles (or gaming PCs), it's competing with multimedia PCs.

I am getting one as I only use my PC for the internet, my PCs getting mothballed after that.

The dude abides   

icrap - iwaste - ijoke - ifail - iuseless

But but it has an apple logo on it. It has to be good.

The ipad has the software to back it up which that thing probably doesn't also why does it say the ipad doesn't have a headphone jack in the comparison because it does!!!!!