By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

iPad = iFail

Totally 180 73.17%

But, but, it's so innovative...! 66 26.83%

Total:246

omg the thing with the pen is ancient! IT'S HUGE! (THATS WHAT SHE SAID)

Brawl Code- 3179-6370-3098 Name:Richi   

Mk Code-3480-4494-2675 Name:Richi

Around the Network
heedstone said:

The iPad isn't really meant for gaming.  It's main draw is its convenience.  It's just a handy little(ish) gadget for surfing the net, using apps, watching movies and reading ebooks.

It's not competing with games consoles (or gaming PCs), it's competing with multimedia PCs.

I am getting one as I only use my PC for the internet, my PCs getting mothballed after that.

Buy a laptop/netbook, they're cheaper.

technonathan25 said:
The ipad has the software to back it up which that thing probably doesn't also why does it say the ipad doesn't have a headphone jack in the comparison because it does!!!!!

And this software that can't be found on other products is?

@Rhonin the wizard the software that can not be found on any other tablet device is the over 150,000 apps that are on the ipad and who knows what 4.0 will bring also i bet the HP one uses XP or something which is designed for desktops not touch screen tablets

Fwiw, I didn't create that comparison.
But i think a modern device like this that lacks both USB and an SD card slot sucks pretty hard; video-out should be a given, too.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

Rhonin the wizard said:
heedstone said:

The iPad isn't really meant for gaming.  It's main draw is its convenience.  It's just a handy little(ish) gadget for surfing the net, using apps, watching movies and reading ebooks.

It's not competing with games consoles (or gaming PCs), it's competing with multimedia PCs.

I am getting one as I only use my PC for the internet, my PCs getting mothballed after that.

Buy a laptop/netbook, they're cheaper.

I HAVE a laptop, and as small as it is, it's still not very convenient, it's slow, not particularly portable, and looks crap set up in the living room.

The ipad circumnavigates all these problems, which is why I am getting one.

The dude abides   

Around the Network

@Damnyouall i also agree it should have usb and sd but apple does offer an accessory that gives you both. you have to remember apple is simplistic they want to keep everything easy and good looking they didnt want to over complicate it and make it look ugly!!!

iGive up

The iPad has its place and will prove to be succesful. If you dont like it, dont buy it.

The other company that besides Apple has understood that technology is not for engineers but consumers and hence needs to provide easy accessibility and shouldn rely on tech specs is Nintendo - and see where that has led them.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Apple Thought Police have been dispatched to the OP's last known location.

He will be "re-educated" over a series of weeks until all vestiges of independant thought have been expunged.

Rest assured when we are done with him he will think the Apple Pippin is better than a PS3.

(Which incidentally it is, in real terms)

iObject! That chart's a lie! It does have a port for headphones!

4 ≈ One