By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

iPad = iFail

Totally 180 73.17%

But, but, it's so innovative...! 66 26.83%

Total:246
CaptDS9E said:
I've been typing on this thing for the last 3 houses with no problem. It's a he'll of a lot easier them the iPhone, and more accurate.

The irony in this statement is absolutely hilarious.

Around the Network
heedstone said:
Rhonin the wizard said:
heedstone said:

The iPad isn't really meant for gaming.  It's main draw is its convenience.  It's just a handy little(ish) gadget for surfing the net, using apps, watching movies and reading ebooks.

It's not competing with games consoles (or gaming PCs), it's competing with multimedia PCs.

I am getting one as I only use my PC for the internet, my PCs getting mothballed after that.

Buy a laptop/netbook, they're cheaper.

I HAVE a laptop, and as small as it is, it's still not very convenient, it's slow, not particularly portable, and looks crap set up in the living room.

The ipad circumnavigates all these problems, which is why I am getting one.

Why not buy an ASUS netbook and upgrade to 2gbs of ram. Then, besides costs you money and having a touch screen, what advantages will the iPad actually give you, compared to a really fast netbook with the advantages and compatibiliy of every windows program ever written, and a fully functional keyboard?

How is an ipad superior to a fast netbook running XP? What can it do, that the XP netbook can't?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

TWRoO said:
The only thing I feel it is worth comparing to is an iPhone.

iPhone:
Cheaper
More functionality (can be used as a phone for one thing)
Can fit in your pocket.

iPad:
Larger screen.

I just don't see the point of the iPad.... if you want a portable PC, a netbook is far better and cheaper. If you want a multimedia device/phone, an iPhone (or some HTC phone) is just as good/better and cheaper.

Surely we would compare the ipad without 3g capabilities to the ipod touch and the ipad with 3g capabilities to the iPhone?

I agree that when comparing the two, I would chose an ipod touch over an ipad without 3g, or iphone over ipad with 3g. But obviously millions (it'll sell millions pretty soon, though it hasnt yet. Let me get awway with a bit of hyperbole :P) of people would choose the other way. Infact, if I owned a PC instead of a laptop I might be tempted by an Ipad over an ipod touch

And the ipad is much more powerful than the ipod touch/iphone by the way, when creating an advantages comparison

It's cool to discuss the issues with the iPad, but a little less trolling title would be much appreciated, since we can't really edit titles, I'm gonna have to lock it and you can make a different thread, but even if its Mac, and there isn't a big userbase here to offend by trolling it, it's still against the rules and this is just an informal warning to not do it again, thanks.

~locking~

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000