By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - when will the ps3 peak?

the ps3 has had a bumpy life so far but that got me to thinking.....will the ps3 peak in game sale much later in its lifetime than any previous console. the ps3 is currently building momentum and i feel  is still a couple of years from its peak in console sales....peaking as late as year six or am i using faulty logic please discuss

Around the Network

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

ya, 2012 sounds about right.

next year! move will have its software launched that makes it a good deal and a middle year price cut!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Either this year (due to entire year at 300$, GT5, move and whatever else) or next year, if Sony makes another price cut.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network

Probably this year. Unless Sony makes a $100 price drop next year, which I think isn't very realistic.

It already did.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

2011-2012, it has not peaked yet, when something peaks, you look at sales from previous years, and if the system continues to loose sales , then it has peaked, The PS3 continues to sale more and more, with much more great exclusives to come and a great price point, and possibly a price drop, the PS3 will not peak for a few more years.

This year.

I think the PS3 will peak in 2012. It looks like that will be the point when 3DTV starts to become affordable, and the software/content will be their to back it. Then it will be a matter of, PS3 owners buying 3DTV's, their friends get hyped up, and buy PS3 plus a 3DTV. Also I expect PS3 Slimmer with 250GB HDD, EYE, Move, DS3 for $199 sometime that year.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL