By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - when will the ps3 peak?

BanTiger said:

it already did buddy,,,,,,, every week so far this year its on 2nd position on console war (worldwide hardware sale)

The question is asking in what year will the ps3 sell the most, not competitively, but in total. Looking at a chart with sales on the y axis and year on the x axis, in which year will the line "peak"?

Around the Network

This year...big exclusives, reasonable price

Icyedge said:
End of this year and next year, with HDTV and 3DTV becoming more and more mainstream plus pricecut and move. It might very well sale more than Wii next year.

No way. Move won't move a significant amount of consoles, and 3D is just way too expensive to appeal to the mass market consumer. It'll come down to the games, not the hardware. PS3 could have potentially its worst year, or its best next year, it's all going to depend on the strength of the library, not a Wiimote copy or a 3D feature that requires a $2000 investment.

When it is $199 it shall see it's highest sales, I am absolutely shocked at those that said this year.

mM

Around the Network
Metallicube said:
Icyedge said:
End of this year and next year, with HDTV and 3DTV becoming more and more mainstream plus pricecut and move. It might very well sale more than Wii next year.

No way. Move won't move a significant amount of consoles, and 3D is just way too expensive to appeal to the mass market consumer. It'll come down to the games, not the hardware. PS3 could have potentially its worst year, or its best next year, it's all going to depend on the strength of the library, not a Wiimote copy or a 3D feature that requires a $2000 investment.

first of all it's not a wii mote copy as it adds tremendously more functionality to motion gaming, in addition to much better accuracy..and it has been explained over and over..

the 3D feature in addition to gaming in a 3d space with PS MOVE, can actually add even more innovation as already said by PS MOVE devs (MOVE AND 3D is just a jaw dropping experience that we aren't just ready to show yet) I expect that to really push the ps3 in terms of innovation.

I doubt that by mid  2011 you will need to waste more than $1500 to get yourself a 3D TV/PS3/PSMOVE altogether to get a breakthrough experience.

mM
Metallicube said:
Icyedge said:

I have the strange feeling that you simply omit some of the thing I was saying to prove a point. Of course 3DTV is not going to sell million next year, I said HDTV and 3DTV will become more and more mainstream, which is true. Family will surely think about the PS3 after buying their HDTV or 3DTV because its a very good blu ray player and will also provide games for children and maybe for casual also with Move. Also one of my argument was a pricecut that you omit to mention. In the case of the PS3 and whats going on with the advencement of technology, PS3 will sell a lot simply base on his hardware, but games also help for sure as will a pricecut to 199$.

Metallicube said:
Icyedge said:

That is, unless they manage to score a killer-ap.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

leo-j said:
When it is $199 it shall see it's highest sales, I am absolutely shocked at those that said this year.

Really....... your shocked?

This year or next, I'm gonna have to say next year due to the price probably being significantly lower but it won't be much of an improvement over this year in sales I think.