By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - when will the ps3 peak?

December 2011 will proably be the best-selling month in PS3's lifetime. I think it will be $199 then.

360 will probably peak this December.

Around the Network

I thought the PS3 peaked already. You know, the 'Year of the PS3'?

All joking aside, we should probably be asking that after the gen is over.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

If GT5 releases this year, it will be this year then. With titles like FF13, GoW3 and GT5, all the big hit titles will be out this year.

I suspect its highest month will probably be december 2009

As for highest year, I'm not sure. 2010 or 2011 sounds likely

I'm predicting 2013 as its peak year, since this generation will definitely be longer than the previous one.

Around the Network

I really doubt that its this year with all the shortages,maybe next year

people keep on saying 2012 well it could be but theres probably going to be new consuls out by then and all the momentum will go to all the new games on the next gen consuls instead of the last gen ones

Joel12345 said:
I really doubt that its this year with all the shortages,maybe next year

I have to disagree here. I am predicting a big 360 price cut to coincide with the Natal launch. Just as the recent PS3 slim/price cut lowered 360 sales (and the 360 price cut before that lowered Ps3 sales), I think that PS3 sales will start to decrease again until the next PS3 price cut

What do you mean peak? Graphically i think its about there. UC2, KZ2, GT5, GOW3... i don't see too much more coming out of the system. This being taken into consideration i think the console probably has another couple of years before sony is going to seriously look at releasing PS4. I'm expecting move to be nothing more than moderately successful. We should see KZ3 and UC3, GT6 maybe or they may just add DLC to GT5. I think this will be about it for PS3

leo-j said:
Metallicube said:
Icyedge said:
End of this year and next year, with HDTV and 3DTV becoming more and more mainstream plus pricecut and move. It might very well sale more than Wii next year.

No way. Move won't move a significant amount of consoles, and 3D is just way too expensive to appeal to the mass market consumer. It'll come down to the games, not the hardware. PS3 could have potentially its worst year, or its best next year, it's all going to depend on the strength of the library, not a Wiimote copy or a 3D feature that requires a $2000 investment.

first of all it's not a wii mote copy as it adds tremendously more functionality to motion gaming, in addition to much better accuracy..and it has been explained over and over..

the 3D feature in addition to gaming in a 3d space with PS MOVE, can actually add even more innovation as already said by PS MOVE devs (MOVE AND 3D is just a jaw dropping experience that we aren't just ready to show yet) I expect that to really push the ps3 in terms of innovation.

I doubt that by mid  2011 you will need to waste more than $1500 to get yourself a 3D TV/PS3/PSMOVE altogether to get a breakthrough experience.

even if it's $1000 or $800, it's still a big purchase if you have a family with a budget especially for the ones who upgraded in the last few years. Not everyone makes enough money to upgrade their TV every few years.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.