By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who is more excited about MNR than they were with LBP?

Who is more excited about MNR than they were with LBP?

I was more excited for LBP launch. 54 39.42%

I am more excited about M... 44 32.12%

I am equally as excited for both games! 39 28.47%

Total:137

So who is like me and thinks ModNation Racer looks like it is more fun and enjoyable? I had a blast with LBP but I could not handle the level editor. I tried my hardest but I just got discouraged that my level wasn't as professional or fun as some of those other levels.

The race track editor looks to be simple and fun to use. I had those wooden train tracks that you could build your own when I was younger. (I was obsessed with S shapes in tracks). Over all I think MNR will be a game I will continually enjoy especially on the couch with my friends. I don't think it will be reviewed in the 90's though. That makes me sad because though LBP was brilliant I rate games on fun factor and I believe it will be better than LBP.

Around the Network

I don't know, I'm more excited for MNR as a game because I've always loved kart racers much more than platformers. But I was more excited for the level editor in LBP because there were so many more possibilities. The ability to edit the kart and racer in MNR makes up for that slightly though, I had a really sweet kart based on the Watchmen in the beta that I plan to remake in the full game.

Right now I'd say I'm just about as excited for MNR as I was for LBP if not slightly leaning towards MNR.

I'm equally as excited for both!

kowenicki said:
I'm surprised people are more excited for MNR than LBP.... very surprised.

Same here. I really am not interested in MNR wheras LBP I still think is awsome.

i was more excited for LBP. dont' get me wrong, i'm excited for MNR but just not as much. with mario galaxy 2 launching 2 days earlier i probably won't pick up MNR day one anyways. probably be the game i pick up just after galaxy.

Around the Network

I was super hyped about LBP but I also had issues with the level editor. I could not make anything that looked at all like a well thought out, playable level. However with MNR I looks to be very user friendly. Also, i can't wait until we see some actual race courses made in MNR. I think it would be awesome to race le mans, or the Nürburgring.

PSN: GripnRip

Always up to game.

Get your Portable ID!

I am very much in anticipation for MNR release, but to compare it to each other, I don't know because I didn't even know Little Big Planet existed for months after it's release, so I wasn't excited for the release of it.

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

The only reason I want Modnation Racers is for the 4 player splitscreen, my PS3 lacks good multi-player racers and I only have 1 remote for my Wii (so Mario Kart is out of the question).

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

MNR is going to be a Beast! it will be the best kart racer so far imo...the create and share aspect of both games rocks

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
MNR is going to be a Beast! it will be the best kart racer so far imo...the create and share aspect of both games rocks

I agree. Even though I couldn't make anything good on LBP I was still impressed by the creativity other users had and had a blast with a lot of different levels. The music box level are "WTF?!?!?! how?" to me.