By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who is more excited about MNR than they were with LBP?

Who is more excited about MNR than they were with LBP?

I was more excited for LBP launch. 54 39.42%

I am more excited about M... 44 32.12%

I am equally as excited for both games! 39 28.47%

Total:137
kowenicki said:
I'm surprised people are more excited for MNR than LBP.... very surprised.

Having been granted a preview copy, I can say it's not surprising at all :p

The first few races in the singleplayer are a tad "slowish", but after that it's a blast and split screen just kills it :p Races where you get to stomp the enemy, where you can bounce off enemy missiles, where you can smack them into a ring of fire while hovering twenty meters into the air, blocking off entrances to shortcuts because you whacked a sign, slipping into someone's power-up slipstream to join his "back to the future"-time jump to the front of the race, having five people pass you by with that same trick, and the likes.... insanely fun :)

And that's without all the great tracks that will hopefully come out of the editor (which is easy to use)

Around the Network
papflesje said:
kowenicki said:

The first few races in the singleplayer are a tad "slowish", but after that it's a blast and split screen just kills it :p Races where you get to stomp the enemy, where you can bounce off enemy missiles, where you can smack them into a ring of fire while hovering twenty meters into the air, blocking off entrances to shortcuts because you whacked a sign, slipping into someone's power-up slipstream to join his "back to the future"-time jump to the front of the race, having five people pass you by with that same trick, and the likes.... insanely fun :)

And that's without all the great tracks that will hopefully come out of the editor (which is easy to use)

stop torturing me!

THAT GOES FOR YOU TOO CGI

How would you like it if someone got to play HR before you and talked about how great it is? Lol... No but really this game was my game of E3. It really caught my eye.

Mod Nation Racers looks pretty cool, but I have to say I was more excited for Little Big Planet.

letsdance said:
papflesje said:
kowenicki said:

stop torturing me!

THAT GOES FOR YOU TOO CGI

How would you like it if someone got to play HR before you and talked about how great it is? Lol... No but really this game was my game of E3. It really caught my eye.

I did that with HR too, so I get to do it with MNR too :p

Best trick I've discovered so far (although it was purely accidental, but still made me laugh): rockets incoming, I use shield. First rocket sends me flying off the track, second and third one impact me as well (still with shield), I skip an entire curve and am second all of a sudden >_>

MNR has better core gameplay, I mean regardless of the levels that are made no LBP level has found me that entertained because Sackboy doesn't handle particularly well compared to the quality of other platformers.

Around the Network
letsdance said:

So who is like me and thinks ModNation Racer looks like it is more fun and enjoyable? I had a blast with LBP but I could not handle the level editor. I tried my hardest but I just got discouraged that my level wasn't as professional or fun as some of those other levels.

The race track editor looks to be simple and fun to use. I had those wooden train tracks that you could build your own when I was younger. (I was obsessed with S shapes in tracks). Over all I think MNR will be a game I will continually enjoy especially on the couch with my friends. I don't think it will be reviewed in the 90's though. That makes me sad because though LBP was brilliant I rate games on fun factor and I believe it will be better than LBP.

I couldn't agree with you more. LBP was a blast, but I don't have hours on in to become a pro at making a level. MNR just looks more simplistic but at the same time if you spend enough time with it, you can make some professional tracks. 

As for the game, I can't wait to play it :) 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

I'm more excited for MNR, although both games are more fun playing with friends (live over online), so I'm not sure it's a game I would get the best out of.

kowenicki said:

Agreed. Since its announcement, I thought it looked pretty lame.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Having played the beta for LBP my excitement level for that game was at 0 when it launched so I'm much more excited about MNR.

Signature goes here!

I was and am not excited about either. It took playing LittleBigPlanet to love it. If Mod Nation Racers has any chance for me to love it the game will speak for itself not the hype.
Plus I can't see how anyone could like the art style of modnation racers.