By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who is more excited about MNR than they were with LBP?

Who is more excited about MNR than they were with LBP?

I was more excited for LBP launch. 54 39.42%

I am more excited about M... 44 32.12%

I am equally as excited for both games! 39 28.47%

Total:137

Im kinda surprised how balanced the poll is.

Around the Network

they are different games which appeal to different people , i personally like the action much more in modnation kart racing with weapons is a freakin blast not to mention there will be thousands and thousands of tracks lol gonan be very awesome

I was more excited with LBP, it was the first create/share game, but I was dissapointed by it so now I'm not as much excited for MNR, I want to try it first....then also I've only got 2 sixaxes and already own KartWii while LBP was the first important 2D platform on home consoles in years that's the other reason beacuse I was more excited about it.

i'm surprised that people are actually more excited with MNR....
Guess kart racing are still the "in" thing huh xD

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

letsdance said:
I want to say MNR will sell more than LBP just because I think it will be more mainstream than LBP and more user friendly... but at the same time LBP might end up doubling what I originally thought the game would do (2-2.5 million)...

I think that's unlikely. Call me crazy but I don't see MNR doing good or even crazy numbers. LBP sold > 100k in Japan, I don't think that'll happen here - is MNR even coming out in Japan? The pre order numbers for America is low, also, IMO sackboy has more charm and more charisma than those generic mods in MNR, makes for an easier sell. I think if MNR sells 1 million it'll be good.

letsdance said:
papflesje said:
kowenicki said:
I'm surprised people are more excited for MNR than LBP.... very surprised.

Having been granted a preview copy, I can say it's not surprising at all :p

The first few races in the singleplayer are a tad "slowish", but after that it's a blast and split screen just kills it :p Races where you get to stomp the enemy, where you can bounce off enemy missiles, where you can smack them into a ring of fire while hovering twenty meters into the air, blocking off entrances to shortcuts because you whacked a sign, slipping into someone's power-up slipstream to join his "back to the future"-time jump to the front of the race, having five people pass you by with that same trick, and the likes.... insanely fun :)

And that's without all the great tracks that will hopefully come out of the editor (which is easy to use)

stop torturing me!

THAT GOES FOR YOU TOO CGI

How would you like it if someone got to play HR before you and talked about how great it is? Lol... No but really this game was my game of E3. It really caught my eye.

Do you even have a PS3? :)

Around the Network
ElGranCabeza said:
letsdance said:
I want to say MNR will sell more than LBP just because I think it will be more mainstream than LBP and more user friendly... but at the same time LBP might end up doubling what I originally thought the game would do (2-2.5 million)...

I think that's unlikely. Call me crazy but I don't see MNR doing good or even crazy numbers. LBP sold > 100k in Japan, I don't think that'll happen here - is MNR even coming out in Japan? The pre order numbers for America is low, also, IMO sackboy has more charm and more charisma than those generic mods in MNR, makes for an easier sell. I think if MNR sells 1 million it'll be good.

Okay it really depends on a few things.

A. how much marketing will Sony put behind MNR? Will it be an equal effort? If so I can see them doing comparable numbers

B. What would word of mouth be like? If it's user friendly and fun it will have good word of mouth. Friends will go to friends houses and play split screen and the one friend will be like "I created this track" and the other friend will be impressed. They will have a blast and the one friend will go out and buy it.

C. I just see MNR to have a broader appeal than LBP. My 5 year old nephew had an absolute blast with LBP... only because I was playing with him. It was hard for him to grab on to things thus making it hard for him to pass a level by himself. I can't see how hard it will be to push x (if that is to accelerate) and move the joy stick. The other features such as weapons wont need to be used by someone who really doesn't grasp the motor skills yet.

And then on a smaller scale D. what will reviews be like.

No Ps3 mine broke and I had the 60gig so I sold it for 400 bucks

Reviews should be decent, not a 90+ game, but decent. If they can't fix the lag and the loading times, then they're in trouble.

Sales: I figure this to be that kind of "evergreen" title every publisher is looking for. I won't say it'll do crazy Wii numbers, but it should do relatively well. Sony should back this like they backed LBP. The kart races are just fun, no matter how much people might be trying to compare it to Mario Kart.

LBP is my favorite game this gen, and I was incredibly excited about it in the runup to release. I still haven't found much reason to care about MNR, though the track editor is somewhat nifty.

letsdance said:
ElGranCabeza said:
letsdance said:

Okay it really depends on a few things.

A. how much marketing will Sony put behind MNR? Will it be an equal effort? If so I can see them doing comparable numbers

B. What would word of mouth be like? If it's user friendly and fun it will have good word of mouth. Friends will go to friends houses and play split screen and the one friend will be like "I created this track" and the other friend will be impressed. They will have a blast and the one friend will go out and buy it.

C. I just see MNR to have a broader appeal than LBP. My 5 year old nephew had an absolute blast with LBP... only because I was playing with him. It was hard for him to grab on to things thus making it hard for him to pass a level by himself. I can't see how hard it will be to push x (if that is to accelerate) and move the joy stick. The other features such as weapons wont need to be used by someone who really doesn't grasp the motor skills yet.

And then on a smaller scale D. what will reviews be like.

No Ps3 mine broke and I had the 60gig so I sold it for 400 bucks

Accelerate is R2 :p