By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who is more excited about MNR than they were with LBP?

Who is more excited about MNR than they were with LBP?

I was more excited for LBP launch. 54 39.42%

I am more excited about M... 44 32.12%

I am equally as excited for both games! 39 28.47%

Total:137

I can't wait for Modnation Racers. Did not have a PS3 back when Lbp so I can't compare hype. But it is easily this year's release that I am most looking forward to.

Around the Network
chocoloco said:
I was and am not excited about either. It took playing LittleBigPlanet to love it. If Mod Nation Racers has any chance for me to love it the game will speak for itself not the hype.
Plus I can't see how anyone could like the art style of modnation racers.

Well, considering how LBP was considered childish and how Mario kart is very colourful and basically childish as well, I don't see any problems with MNR. The BIGGEST issue with the game right now is load times and frame drops.

I admit my original thought of LBP was it was a child's game. I was drastically proven wrong. The artistic style of both MNR and LBP is childish, or could be considered as refreshing. Still as you suggest game play matters the most so it appears there is a lot to improve on in that department.
I wouldn't know as Americans have not been given easy ways to play the beta.

@ chocoloco: they need to fix load and some lag, but read up on a few posts back from me, the gameplay itself is just wonderful :)

halil23 said:
Doobie_wop said:
The only reason I want Modnation Racers is for the 4 player splitscreen, my PS3 lacks good multi-player racers and I only have 1 remote for my Wii (so Mario Kart is out of the question).

Never heard of Motorstorm:Pacofic Rift?!?  o_O'

I have it, my only problem with it though was the control's. The environment's are fantastic, but I found myself falling off cliff's and smashing into tree's far more  than actually racing. I got better the more I played, but when friend's came over it only agitated them. I'm hoping Modnation has a much easier learning curve (like Mario Kart or Burnout Paradise).

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

The tracks in the singleplayer (at first) will be interrupted for tutorial purposes, showing you how to move and create havoc. After a while you will be asked if you want tutorials, and after that, it's pure mayhem-fun ;)

So don't worry about all that. I had a friend play the preview version with me for a while, and it took him three laps over one track to get used to basically all the required skills (aside from drifting)

I for one am.

I could tell LBP's jumping physics and everything would annoy the hell out of me, and it turned out that I hate LBP because of that little phlegmatic half-retarded sack and how he performs platforming.

MNR sounds really awesome, I am just unsure whether it will draw me away from MKWii. It has been many years and I have not felt the need for new maps still. Once that feature is not there, which is absolutely awesome I can't lie, I have a feeling MNR will just be a worse version of MKWii so I probably won't enjoy it as much as others.

I'm wasn't excited about LBP and I'm not excited about MNR. I don't see that option in the poll.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
I'm wasn't excited about LBP and I'm not excited about MNR. I don't see that option in the poll.

That's because it would be a little redundant for people in that situation to enter this thread to begin with. Sorry, I understand both games wont attract everyone and everyone wont be attracted to both games but why the fuck are you wasting your time in this thread then? It just doesn't make sense. Don't get me wrong I'm not shooing you out of the thread. If you want to give your opinion on the games then by all means go ahead. Just don't expect the thread that wasn't intended for people in your situation to be tailored to your situation.

i haven't played kart racing games for years but i'm really anticipating this one due to the track editor. The beta was really fun, glad they included 2 player splitscreen online, i'll be using that mode most of the time.