By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Alan Wake become a 360 console seller?

Well, I don't think it is going to sell consoles. I also don't think it needs a "saviour", but I can see where someone with a user name like Kilzoned82 and sporting a GoW3 avatar would think that.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

Around the Network

I may be one of the few who think this game will flop, put aside my bias for a second.
Lets look at some of the similar games, Silent Hill, Heavy Rain and Resident Evil, have any of these games been system sellers? They all contribute in some way, but none have made any MAJOR impact (since the last gen at least) in the way that games like Halo and Uncharted have.
I conclude that this genre is a substantial and important genre, but not a genre that will sell consoles to and noticeable degree, I think Alan Wake will be one of the better selling games of this genre, but it will not have any earth shattering impact!

no.....

AW wont be a system seller, i predict good scores for AW but it wont be a smash hit , mainly horror fans will pick it up

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Alan Wake could be the 360's heavy Rain.

A game that sticks around for awhile because it's selling to the exsisting installbase, but I don't see it really moving hardware.

It will help stablize the 360's weekly numbers the week it releases. Which will still be helpful, because there isn't much being released between now and then. So a stablizing game at best, but that's still good.

Around the Network

Eh, no, not a system seller. I think it'll turn out a bit like Heavy Rain; critical acclaim, great sales, very talked about but not something that actually moves systems.

I doubt the awareness of the game extends to the masses. It'll likely sell okay in software, but I doubt it'll move consoles.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

I'd actually have to say that I believe the players that were probably most hyped about the game initially were PC gamers ironically. Development started well before the 360 even hit its stride as a platform after all.

Currently, I'd have to say that the majority of players that are hyped about it are current 360 owners.

But if the reviews and word of mouth are good to the point where it's generally accepted as bringing something significantly new to gaming, it should sell some consoles, just not enough to amount to anything really significant.

I doubt it. I really want to play this game but I'm not buying a 360 for it. I may however rent it and go play it at my brother's house on his netfliXBOX.

Trying to give a honest opinion here, I think it won't, not because the game is not good, but because I don't see the game appealing to those people who have yet to buy an Xbox 360. I have seen trailers from the game and I have liked what I have seen, even though I feel like it is a PG-13 version of Silent Hill.

To me the games that are system sellers this generation, or at least huge system sellers, are those that are follow-ups to great franchises or that offer a great or enjoyable multiplayer experience which draws people to buy systems in order to play with friends.

This doesn't mean that the game won't sell well, but to me it seems like those who will buy it are those who already have a 360 and want a good exclusive in their library.

I won't get it for obvious fanboyismic reasons.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1