By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Alan Wake become a 360 console seller?

Alan Wake isn't going to be a game changer permanently reversing the WW sales order which has been in place ever since the PS3 price cut; to even think that is rather absurd.

Console price differential is the only real game changer at this point; as Sony ably demonstrated last year, and MS demonstrated the year before. If MS can put some more daylight between 360 and PS3 on pricing then we will probably see 360 start to extend its lead once more.

People pinning their hopes on Natal to do for the 360 what the Wiimote did for the Wii, I think, are going to be disappointed.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Alan Wake isn't going to be a game changer permanently reversing the WW sales order which has been in place ever since the PS3 price cut; to even think that is rather absurd.

Console price differential is the only real game changer at this point; as Sony ably demonstrated last year, and MS demonstrated the year before. If MS can put some more daylight between 360 and PS3 on pricing then we will probably see 360 start to extend its lead once more.

People pinning their hopes on Natal to do for the 360 what the Wiimote did for the Wii, I think, are going to be disappointed.

what.the.fuck. I don't think anyone said this...not even the op. Oh right, this is another vgchartz 360 bashing thread. I forgot.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

Kenoid said:
Natal has more chances, but Alan wake will do better than ODST.

Considerin ODST could have been an expansion pack...The game sold pretty damn good

over 4million sold

alan wake as well as any new game shouldn't be expected to move hardware sales, thats like asking is modnation racer going to move ps3 hardware? answer NO, how can modnation racer or alan wake which are unproven titles expected to move hardware,

FastFord58 said:
binary solo said:

what.the.fuck. I don't think anyone said this...not even the op. Oh right, this is another vgchartz 360 bashing thread. I forgot.

I think you need to re-read the OP. The OP even uses the word "saviour" in the context of discussing whether Alan Wake can be a console seller. I think in that context what I've written is very much a direct response to the OP.

People mentioned Natal previously in this thread, so commenting on Natal isn't totally out of context either. And there are people who have suggested that with the launch of Natal it will propel 360 to 1st place in weekly sales for the rest of the gen, maybe not in this thread, but certainly in past threads. I think such notions are pollyannaish bout Natal, not too dissimilar about notions that 2009 PS3 pricecut would propel PS3 ahead of Wii over the long term.

So, not sure how you think my post is 360 bashing. Perhaps your preconceptions of what every PS3 owner (who doesn't own a 360) thinks about the 360 is distorting the way you interpret any and all 360 based commentary from such people.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

If you mean 20k more on release week and few k more on following few weeks after release then yes it will be a system seller.

I could have bought it on PC (maybe) no way i buy X360 for Alan. And after canceling PC version probably lot more PC owners want to show them middle finger for that than buy new console just to play it.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I think it may bring a few people over from the PS3 side to multi console gaming... other than that I think Reach will sell more consoles... I think people are underestimating how much Reach is reaching out (no pun intended but amused by it anyway) to new players and older players who left the series. Bungie also does better MP than just about anyone else

360 needs a system seller or two to help it crawl to 10 million console sales in 2010. Alan Wake may or may not be a seller in 2010. 360 does need some sellers if it wants to reach 60 million sales ltd.