By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Alan Wake become a 360 console seller?

We'll probably see a PC port if the game misses its projections.

But by the time that happens, if ever, I just don't see how any level of excitement or anticipation could be left for a game that was only ported because it didn't sell well enough on a console.

Sure, DX11 would be great along with higher res and smoother frame rates, but do these things ever make PC games seem like "completely different games?" Not in this PC player's mind.

And of course, there could always be the "timed exclusive" card that we've seen MS play so often this generation: content previously marketed as straight "exclusive" as in never to be seen anywhere else so you better buy an Xbox if you ever want to play it, only to become timed exclusive once the benefits of a timed release have been more or less gained.

Around the Network
oulibellule said:
nightsurge said:
libellule said:
yes but considering MS is hyping nothing but Reach and Natal is not going to a BIG system seller

also, lot of PC guys are waiting hoping it will go PC

Well they can stop waiting because it won't.

Also, I agree with CommonMan.  What a great disguise to a "360 is doomed thread" by using a different title!

if the game bombs or is an average success, we may see PC port

(hope)

You're hoping that a game bombs?  Wow that's pretty sad for someone that is supposed to be a gamer. 

Legend11 said:
oulibellule said:
nightsurge said:
libellule said:
yes but considering MS is hyping nothing but Reach and Natal is not going to a BIG system seller

Also, I agree with CommonMan.  What a great disguise to a "360 is doomed thread" by using a different title!

(hope)

You're hoping that a game bombs?  Wow that's pretty sad for someone that is supposed to be a gamer. 

That is a pretty petty/stupid reason to want to see a game fail.

Besides, if the game bombs, presumably it will mean because it just wasn't that great after all, not that there aren't great games that failed commercially. In that case, nobody would want to play it on PC anyway unless they just wanted to see pretty graphics.

Alan Wake shouldn't be one of those though. It's hyped to the gills as an Xbox Exclusive, so if it fails, it's simply because it didn't deserve better sales.

I doubt it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

greenmedic88 said:
Legend11 said:
oulibellule said:
nightsurge said:
libellule said:

(hope)

That is a pretty petty/stupid reason to want to see a game fail.

Besides, if the game bombs, presumably it will mean because it just wasn't that great after all, not that there aren't great games that failed commercially. In that case, nobody would want to play it on PC anyway unless they just wanted to see pretty graphics.

Alan Wake shouldn't be one of those though. It's hyped to the gills as an Xbox Exclusive, so if it fails, it's simply because it didn't deserve better sales.

I'm pretty sure he just means hes hoping for it to come out on PC aswell so he can enjoy it :P

Don't see a valid reason for the hate...

OT:
AW needs a bit more hype for it to move hardware

Around the Network

Nope. I don't think many games can move hardware at this point.

I think it will probably cause a small spike for the release week and that's all.

Nope, It looks nice, but there's nothing very unique about it.

The dude abides   

Seece said:
libellule said:
nightsurge said:
libellule said:

(hope)

No what you mean is " I hope it bombs because it's on 360"

Really don't treat us all with stupidity.

I like people that put word in people mouth
The best part is when they believe they are saying the truth, or that they can read in people mind, or even between the lines

If it is obvious that I dont like the 360 or MS, this game has been a LONG and OLD PC project so it is fair for me to HOPE this game will be released on PC/360 support.

I would even add that, the VERY recent preview from my favorite website gamekult.com (french) were quite interesting, and even if I think it is sad that alan Wake is not a survival horror game anymore, I still consider it has the potential to be a VERY good game.

Time to Work !

Legend11 said:
oulibellule said:
nightsurge said:
libellule said:

(hope)

i m more hoping for the PC port than for the bad sales

but, IF the PC port dependent of the sales, then, YEAH, I hope the Xbox owners will not buy it

what I think is pretty sad is to switch from PC/360 to 360 claiming that the 360 is the "best plateform for the game"while we know that technically 360 is inferior to high end PC and that this game is supposed to be played in a immersive little room and not in an open space saloon with the familly around ... thx you again MS.

Time to Work !