By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Alan Wake become a 360 console seller?

Alan Wake is an XBox 360 exclusive game. Hopefully it can help the 360 sales. 360 needs a saviour. PS3 is catching up very quickly in console sales.

I just want to see a good sales race between the PS3 and 360. At the moment PS3 is totally smashing the 360 in weekly console sales. Adjustments are likely to narrow the gap even further.

Halo: Reach is unlikely to become a console seller because two Halo FPS games have already been released and  most existing  Halo fans already own an XBox 360.

Around the Network

yeah it will appeal to the horror gamers audience, if i didnt have a 360 already id have bought one for Alan wake

I'm thinking not in a big way, but if it reviews well and delivers good gameplay I think it could cause a mild boost.

I think RE5 should have got most people interested in the action/horror genre on-board with a 360 already, so I'm not sure there is a new demographic for AW to tap into to drive a more sustained, larger boost.

I think it will be a hit game, but I don't think it's going to give 360 a major boost.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Japan is already lost. May have a bit of a boost in america and others but it's a new ip so i can't see it being a huge console seller.

microsofts best bet is natal.

Well on a personal level, this is the game that most tempts me to buy a 360. Not sure it will have much of a 'boost' effect but it looks to be a great addition to it's library which is obviously important in maintaining (or increasing) base level sales.

Around the Network

About the only gamers I see being strong armed into buying a 360 to play Alan Wake are all the dudes who were ready to play this on their hopped up PCs until MS essentially yanked the rug out from under them.

Somehow, I see more PC gamers boycotting Alan Wake than capitulating by buying an Xbox.

Personally, I still kind of want to see a DX11 version of Alan Wake, but by the time that comes out (if ever) I imagine I won't even care about Alan Wake anymore and wouldn't buy the game again unless it was during one of Steam's Insane Weekend Deals for $20-25.

I remember this thread, it goes "360 is DOOOOOOOOOOMED! Can anything save it?"

And then a couple pages of breaking down why it WON'T be saved.

Repeat thread is a repeat.

The 360 doesn't need a savior. No console does.

It may sell to PC gamers, but I don't expect a massive spike. Still, it's a day 1 purchase for me.

It all depends on Natal.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

some ass hole ruined the game for me by spoiling the ending/twist.Fuck i hate these kinda trolls.How in hell does some one this early knows the ending????

sorry i m still bitter about this :(

doubt it.It can of course shift few thousands but something big?No.

Also preorders are really low considering all the hype.Now i dont believe that it ll outsell heavy rain,even though i was certain in that.Anyway i want game but im not buying 360 all over again after experience with ms baby.

Also i wish remedy good luck cause ey rock(mmm max payne).I hope it ll sell enough to cover cost.