By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, megaflop GTA: CW for DS reached 1M

A Grand Theft Auto game sold 1 Million units!?

Oh my god!

Around the Network

hello, a lot of ppl thought this wouldn't sell more than 500k because it's on a ninty platform. It did well for a nintendo platform say i'd say 1M is pretty good considering the circumstance.

if the PSP version outsells it then that's saying something.

It also looks like CTW sold less then what some were expecting on PSP as well, CTW doesn't look like the GTA's from 3 and onwards that's why it's had slow sales no matter what platform.

kitler53 said:
worst selling game in the GTA franchise.

Wrong. That's reserved for a PSP title ;)

Of course, there's always the top-down view argument, which has nothing to do with nintendo really.

Around the Network

After being bashed, trashed, or just ignored by a vast majority of gaming site, with added comments from angry fanboys just like 'm4ke thh1s on P$P it will be better' or more crap bullshit, I think it's a very good number. Have you seen adds for this game, on the DS ? No, but there was for the PSP version.

As the whole gaming community wanted this game to fail, it didn't reach the 1M milestone earlier. But bash the success of the game to your heart contents I don't care, I personaly had a good moment with GTA:CW

EDIT : oh btw, the PSP version does so much better :
http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=grand+theft+auto+chinatown+wars&keyword=&console=&region=All&developer=&publisher=&genre=&boxart=Both&results=50&order=Hits

When the DS game had been out for the length that the PSP game has, it had sold roughly twice as many units.

So, anyone claiming that these sales are low (which they aren't) and that it's the DS's fault is a fanboy.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

The same game on PSP didn't even chart on NPD or chart track (until months when it got a price cut).

The game just isn't that good, and certainly not as good as reviewers made out. It has tonnes of content, yes, but every aspect is mediocre in some way. Driving sucks because of the perspective and controls, combat sucks because it's mostly either pressing A to easily kill everyone, or in the case of the weapons to which that doesn't apply, the controls suck.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

The lower sales compared to other GTA games comes from the perspective, nothing else. GTA wasn't a big seller until it got a third person perspective, and thats how most fans of the series prefer it. Compare vice city and liberty city stories to CTW. CTW didn't even come close, but thats not because ds can't sell m rated games.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Chinatown Wars PSP - 410K

The game can't be compared to other GTA's because it relies on a different formula, making it a very niche game.

You can however, compare it to the PSP version and see for yourself you good the game did, and how much of a flop it is on the "hardcore" portable.

It's the game's fault that it "only" sold one million.

You don't want me to post here the DS million sellers and embarrass any system out there that is not a Wii.