By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, megaflop GTA: CW for DS reached 1M

Now, now, people. I'm a 100% sure the PSP-version outsold it.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

Out of 128 million DS owners only 1 million people bought them..

Blacksaber said:
Carl2291 said:
thekitchensink said:
When the DS game had been out for the length that the PSP game has, it had sold roughly twice as many units.

So, anyone claiming that these sales are low (which they aren't) and that it's the DS's fault is a fanboy.

lol at bringing PSP sales into it. A late port, on a system with less than half as many units sold worldwide. And you don't have to be a fanboy to see that the sales are "low" for a GTA game. Be it 2D or 3D.

@Bamboleo
Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the PS2 have more 2 Million sellers than the DS has 1 Million sellers?

DS games 1.99-1.0 53

PS2 Games 2.99-2.0 51

From what I saw many games from both sides were missing others sales for multiple games...

I was talking total, not from 1 to 2, or 2 to 3. I just checked and the DS has had 101 games sell over 1 Million copies.

PS2 on the other hand, has had 115 games sell over 2 Million copies.

And a MASSIVE 223 games with over 1 Million copies sold.

Well, for being a Top-Down game I wouldn't call it a flop.

I am sure the game is doing much better on the hardcore PSP platform that everyone wanted it on and said it would sell so much better.

Around the Network

Without knowing how much it cost to make its hard to call it a flop with certainty.
But I would bet the vast majority of those sales were at a very heavily discounted price.

DS version sold terrible, because it has a huge installed base consisting majorly of kids and old people.

PSP version sold great, because it has a smaller userbase consisting of hardcore gamers.

That's what I got out of this thread, anyway.

A GTA game selling that low, yea I doubt we'll be seeing another GTA DS game anytime soon.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

LOL @ Carl. You sarcastically post about it being shocking for the game to have sold a million, and then go on to make weak excuses for the PSP version. It being a late port is only a big deal if the potential audience bought the game first on DS, but obviously since so many more copies of LCS were sold, they didn't.

The DS audience didn't eat this game up, and neither did the hardcore PSP audience. The simple answer to this is that it didn't have the same appeal as the 3D GTA's.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Both versions are doing ok, but not great. I don't think theres that much demand for a top down GTA though.