By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, megaflop GTA: CW for DS reached 1M

I wonder if we'll see a GTA 3DS now...

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

the only thing this proves is that the DS is about 2.43 times more hardcore than the PSP. But since the DS is still the casual machine the PSP is the super casual machine. Remember PSP is only for children 3-5 and grandmas 75+ (no grandpas they are too hardcore for the PSP)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Ari_Gold said:
horrible numbers for a GTA game

Much better numbers than the PSP version...

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

I guess most sales were discount, at least that's the impression I got here in germany. It was half the starting price quite soon after its release.

thekitchensink said:
When the DS game had been out for the length that the PSP game has, it had sold roughly twice as many units.

So, anyone claiming that these sales are low (which they aren't) and that it's the DS's fault is a fanboy.

lol at bringing PSP sales into it. A late port, on a system with less than half as many units sold worldwide. And you don't have to be a fanboy to see that the sales are "low" for a GTA game. Be it 2D or 3D.

@Bamboleo
Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the PS2 have more 2 Million sellers than the DS has 1 Million sellers?

Around the Network

Just terrible numbers for a GTA game, that goes to the PSP port as well.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Not a Megaflop, but these are very poor sales for a GTA!(also for the PSP version)

ClaudeLv250 said:
I just heard the sound of a thousand cattle running in the opposite direction as quickly as possible.

Oh, what was that? Those were the cowards too afraid to eat crow, preferring to run away or disappear entirely instead of own up to their own words? What a surprise!

No, they just move the goal posts. So, by moving the goalposts, it's still a megaflop.

It's a moral victory, but no one on the side that cried "flop" will admit it. They'll continue calling it a GTA game as though everything in it is normal (e.g. the top down view - btw, I wonder how a top down view GTA would do on the consoles?), while in the same breath make excuses for the PSP version that flopped in comparison - yes, smaller user base on the PSP, but not THAT much smaller, and supposedly more "hardcore" userbase than the DS userbase...

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
I just heard the sound of a thousand cattle running in the opposite direction as quickly as possible.

Oh, what was that? Those were the cowards too afraid to eat crow, preferring to run away or disappear entirely instead of own up to their own words? What a surprise!

No, they just move the goal posts. So, by moving the goalposts, it's still a megaflop.

It's a moral victory, but no one on the side that cried "flop" will admit it. They'll continue calling it a GTA game as though everything in it is normal (e.g. the top down view - btw, I wonder how a top down view GTA would do on the consoles?), while in the same breath make excuses for the PSP version that flopped in comparison - yes, smaller user base on the PSP, but not THAT much smaller, and supposedly more "hardcore" userbase than the DS userbase...

70 Million isn't "That much"?

Are you serious?

Carl2291 said:
thekitchensink said:
When the DS game had been out for the length that the PSP game has, it had sold roughly twice as many units.

So, anyone claiming that these sales are low (which they aren't) and that it's the DS's fault is a fanboy.

lol at bringing PSP sales into it. A late port, on a system with less than half as many units sold worldwide. And you don't have to be a fanboy to see that the sales are "low" for a GTA game. Be it 2D or 3D.

@Bamboleo
Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the PS2 have more 2 Million sellers than the DS has 1 Million sellers?

DS games 1.99-1.0 53

PS2 Games 2.99-2.0 51

From what I saw many games from both sides were missing others sales for multiple games...

Former something....