By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This generation will be pretty much over once Legend of Zelda Wii is released.

I've never been so hyped for a Zelda game, not even Ocarina of Time.

Around the Network

Zelda wii will probably not even get close to sales 1/2 as quick as NSMBWii....Link is not like Mario...

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Vanbierk said:

Zelda wii will probably not even get close to sales 1/2 as quick as NSMBWii....Link is not like Mario...

Well, it's not like there's a whole lot out there that's like Mario, anyway. Hardly anything can compete with that. Pokémon maybe, and the Wii-series of games. Stuff like Brain Age and Nintendogs, but those've had only a few games released, not decades of insane sales like Mario's had. Outside of Nintendo-consoles, even less. Some major IP's perhaps, but only rarely, and even then they're multiplatform.

Still, Zelda's one of the biggest IP's around.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

spenderzz said:

This generation might not be over, buy my 20+ years of unabated Nintendo love might be. If they announce Zelda Wii, and it is motion control only and/or requires Wii Motion Plus, I am going to be furious.

I know motion controls are the direction they have taken as a company, and that their new business model seems to be built around selling peripherals as much as software, but this is ZELDA. The original Zelda was my first favorite game of all time, and was replaced by another Zelda, which was replaced by another Zelda. This is a franchise that has really shaped my video game playing life, and I can't be the only person who is angry at the idea that they have changed the whole format of a 20 year old series to sell a stupid motion plus peripheral. Please, please, please let me play this with my Wavebird.

Ocarina of Time really changed the series. If you couls handle radical change once, then you can handle it again.

Besides, aren't you just a liiitle curious how it would 'feel' like to actually swing the master sword?

If they did NOT have motion controls in this game, I would be more than furious.

I LOVE ICELAND!

I can't help but to somehow agree

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

Around the Network
KungKras said:
spenderzz said:

This generation might not be over, buy my 20+ years of unabated Nintendo love might be. If they announce Zelda Wii, and it is motion control only and/or requires Wii Motion Plus, I am going to be furious.

I know motion controls are the direction they have taken as a company, and that their new business model seems to be built around selling peripherals as much as software, but this is ZELDA. The original Zelda was my first favorite game of all time, and was replaced by another Zelda, which was replaced by another Zelda. This is a franchise that has really shaped my video game playing life, and I can't be the only person who is angry at the idea that they have changed the whole format of a 20 year old series to sell a stupid motion plus peripheral. Please, please, please let me play this with my Wavebird.

Ocarina of Time really changed the series. If you couls handle radical change once, then you can handle it again.

Besides, aren't you just a liiitle curious how it would 'feel' like to actually swing the master sword?

If they did NOT have motion controls in this game, I would be more than furious.

I totally see your point, but there's a difference to me between taking the same basic form of gameplay and extending it into another dimension and forcing me to stand in my living room and swing my arms for 40 hours.

If I was curious how it felt to actually swing a sword, I would go take fencing lessons or something.  I have zero interest in standing around flicking my wrist to kill hundreds of bad guys, not even for Zelda.  I know that makes me the huge minority, I just wanted to get it off my chest because it really does annoy me.

March 24 was the anniversary of Wind Waker, released in 2003.

And I forgot about it!!! *cries*

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Dude why Zelda?Why not wii sports camp,why not Super mario galaxy 2.
I think your overreacting though Ill get into the hype and buy the game since I do have a wii

jarrod said:
Uh there's going to be a bunch of big console titles after Zelda, I mean we already know of...

-Call of Duty 8 (360/PS3)
-Dragon Quest X (Wii)
-Final Fantasy versus XIII (PS3)
-Gears of War 3 (360)
-Killzone 3 (PS3)
-Mass Effect 3 (360)
-Metal Gear Solid Rising (360/PS3)
-Pikmin 3 (Wii)
-The Last Story (Wii)

-Dark Cloud 3

Yea we do

Dgc1808 said: