By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This generation will be pretty much over once Legend of Zelda Wii is released.

0 for 2

did you write this one just because you thought you were being biased in the last one?

Make a thread saying this gen was over for MS since Halo 3 came out, and we'll be cool.

Around the Network

You forgot a little game called Dragon Quest X. Plus a bunch of other games on a few small time systems called PS3 and XBOX360.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

I think this generation is pretty much over once a new gen home console hits the market.

spenderzz said:

This generation might not be over, buy my 20+ years of unabated Nintendo love might be. If they announce Zelda Wii, and it is motion control only and/or requires Wii Motion Plus, I am going to be furious.

I know motion controls are the direction they have taken as a company, and that their new business model seems to be built around selling peripherals as much as software, but this is ZELDA. The original Zelda was my first favorite game of all time, and was replaced by another Zelda, which was replaced by another Zelda. This is a franchise that has really shaped my video game playing life, and I can't be the only person who is angry at the idea that they have changed the whole format of a 20 year old series to sell a stupid motion plus peripheral. Please, please, please let me play this with my Wavebird.

I can't believe Nintendo dared to change the format of my precious 2D Zelda to make 3D masterpieces.

Also, I don't get the fact how come they implement dual analog in the gameplay of a game that was such a brilliant game in the SNES pad!

Dude, it's evolution. Bear in mind that some years in the future you're might be playing with virtual reality games or some sort of matrix.. I don't even dare to think too much about it.

And I'm almost sure if you're such a zelda fan you're going to enjoy this new game as much as me.

Mr Khan said:

The next generation starts when Pachter says so.

herm... LOL

I didn't know Zelda was that popular.

Around the Network

We get it Snake you love attention but theres a point were it's saddening and you passed that point long ago...

Former something....

Zelda is pretty much a power house genre .. but i reckon its gonna be close this year with all the nice titles releasing in all consoles

Wrong, it'll start next gen by being delayed untill the new Nintendo console like the last Zelda console game.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
spenderzz said:

This generation might not be over, buy my 20+ years of unabated Nintendo love might be. If they announce Zelda Wii, and it is motion control only and/or requires Wii Motion Plus, I am going to be furious.

I know motion controls are the direction they have taken as a company, and that their new business model seems to be built around selling peripherals as much as software, but this is ZELDA. The original Zelda was my first favorite game of all time, and was replaced by another Zelda, which was replaced by another Zelda. This is a franchise that has really shaped my video game playing life, and I can't be the only person who is angry at the idea that they have changed the whole format of a 20 year old series to sell a stupid motion plus peripheral. Please, please, please let me play this with my Wavebird.

What do you mean "if"? You're aware they've already confirmed that a long time ago, no?

spenderzz said:

Sorry, the world isn't static and nintendo enjoys being the agent of change in this industry. Looks like its the end of an era for you.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com