By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Reviewers needed! Apply now!

How about pellet guns? The rest of the staff might enjoy watching an hour of "OUCH!", "Damn, that HURT!", and "YOU *&^#$#(" before one of the contestants finally dropped.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
How about pellet guns? The rest of the staff might enjoy watching an hour of "OUCH!", "Damn, that HURT!", and "YOU *&^#$#(" before one of the contestants finally dropped.

And then you come along with a dagger and stab the survivor?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Machina said:
EncodedNybble said:
wait wait, so, just to be certain, we write reviews for a game that we have right? you aren't sending us games for us to review for our "test reviews" right?

Correct. You review a game you own/rent for the application. When you're on the team you'll still do that, but you'll also be able to claim review copies as and when we get them.

Ah, ok so not all reviews are done with review copies?

So, hrm, what if my wallet can't really afford picking up one game a month for a review especially if it is one that I wouldn't buy any way?  I guess there's always the fact that I could rent one but that'd more than likely require game fly.  Hrm, bummer :(

Kantor said:
rocketpig said:

And then you come along with a dagger and stab the survivor?

You must be confusing me with some other conniving, cheap-shotting bastard. I would never do such a thing.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Machina said:
EncodedNybble said:
Machina said:
EncodedNybble said:
wait wait, so, just to be certain, we write reviews for a game that we have right? you aren't sending us games for us to review for our "test reviews" right?

Correct. You review a game you own/rent for the application. When you're on the team you'll still do that, but you'll also be able to claim review copies as and when we get them.

Ah, ok so not all reviews are done with review copies?

So, hrm, what if my wallet can't really afford picking up one game a month for a review especially if it is one that I wouldn't buy any way?  I guess there's always the fact that I could rent one but that'd more than likely require game fly.  Hrm, bummer :(

No.

It varies each month, but review copies count for anything from 20%-50% of the reviews we do each month. You should be able to get at least 1 review copy a month, so you'll meet the quota.

I could have sworn, all of the biggest games of March we've had to buy ourselves.

But I guess it's a bonus to get anything free

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Good to know, thanks for the info.

One more question. Who does what? If say 4 people want to review God of War 3, who eds up doing it?

Damn! I just saw this post a few days ago and started playing Lunar: Silver Star Harmony because it wasn't on the "being reviewed" list, and now I see a review of it posted today! Thanks a lot guys!

Next time I'll come and ask if a game is being reviewed before I start.

:(

I might still write the review for Lunar, as I'm almost done with the game. Would that be annoying to get a dupe review, since it means more reading for you guys? (When you already have to read/edit all the reviews that are actually going to get posted, I assume.)

Other games which I could write up quick (but hopefully good) reviews of:

Lazy Raiders (XBLA)
The Misadventures of P.B Winterbottom (XBLA)
Echoshift (PSP)

I'm totally fine with doing one of those, if you would prefer. And thanks for the quick response before, Machina. I was starting to wonder if I was blind and just missed seeing Lunar on the list in the OP.

Machina said:
Alic0004 said:

I might still write the review for Lunar, as I'm almost done with the game. Would that be annoying to get a dupe review, since it means more reading for you guys? (When you already have to read/edit all the reviews that are actually going to get posted, I assume.)

Other games which I could write up quick (but hopefully good) reviews of:

Lazy Raiders (XBLA)
The Misadventures of P.B Winterbottom (XBLA)
Echoshift (PSP)

I'm totally fine with doing one of those, if you would prefer. And thanks for the quick response before, Machina. I was starting to wonder if I was blind and just missed seeing Lunar on the list in the OP.

No problem.

I wouldn't mind reading another Lunar review, it's up to you (keep in mind though that you wouldn't be able to post Lunar up as your first review if you joined the team, so it'd probably be more rewarding for you to do one of the other 3).

ok, thanks