By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony has "Nintendo, Wii" In their tags for the MOVE on youtube LOL!!

I'm fed up of people claiming Sony copied Nintendo strategy, please try and remember the mini games that came out for Eyetoy ps2, even before the wiimote even existed

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

The only thing more pathetic than Sony's shameless Move, is the spin in this thread. Sony copied Nintendo straight out, it's basically the same product. Just like they slapped on analog sticks after Nintendo figured out how to do it right, and the same thing with rumble. I don't understand how people can seriously try to debate this.

I don't care if technically there are a few differences, they achieve the same goal and are used the same way. Even the games look like Wii knock-offs. Sorry guys, just admit that your favorite company shamelessly ripped off another idea, again. People trying to defend Sony will just make things worse, you will only make people hate them even more.

PearlJam said:
The only thing more pathetic than Sony's shameless Move, is the spin in this thread. Sony copied Nintendo straight out, it's basically the same product. Just like they slapped on analog sticks after Nintendo figured out how to do it right, and the same thing with rumble. I don't understand how people can seriously try to debate this.

I don't care if technically there are a few differences, they achieve the same goal and are used the same way. Even the games look like Wii knock-offs. Sorry guys, just admit that your favorite company shamelessly ripped off another idea, again. People trying to defend Sony will just make things worse, you will only make people hate them even more.

again for the misinformed go read my thread mini games, like the sports one existed on ps2 way before the wii, Sony did not copy the Wii, they just styled their controller to look too much like the wiimote, which admittedly is irritating, but honestly, how else could you make it different, Even Natal which uses some new technology, copies from the original eye toy

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Carl2291 said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
Carl2291 said:

Sony did not innovate anything......their controller at launch didnt even have any analog sticks but once the N64 analog was getting praise , sony made the dual-stick model controller and when nintendos rumble pak took off , sony made the dual shock......all sony has done is copy Nintendo by literally doubling it.

It is a case of follow the leader.

Sony have historically improved upon those ideas though, so it's not all bad.

Analogue -> Dual Analogue

Rumble Pak -> Built in Rumble

Anyway...
Why do we never see any complaints about say, the DVD? Wasn't the PlayStation 2 the first console to use DVD tech? Yet now it is used by the Xbox... Or wasn't the original PlayStation the console with CD-based tech to first "use it successfully", with over 100Million units sold? We never hear anything about those though do we?

Or even the PlayStation Memory Card... Surely that was the first to be uber popular, with 100M+ sales of the console... Why don't we ever hear anything about that? Both Wii and 360 STILL use Memory Cards.

Being the first to be popular isnt the same as being innovative.....which should be obvious.

And the ps2 using dvd's is just progression NOT innovation.....there were other gaming machines using discs as mediums and dvd's were the next discs to be used. You dont hear about any of these in an innovations discussion because they have no place in them.

Yes Sony broke these once after thought products and made them gaming standards , but that is not innovating that is using past ideas for your own success.

Thats one reason I believe that the Move will fail and Natal will have a chance to succeed......the move is already copying something that is easily the biggest thing in console gaming history which is the wii-mote and that will make it look like a copycat.While Natal is copying something that faltered and improving on it vastly which is the eyetoy.....this gives Natal a chance while the Move is already sent to its deathbed at birth.

*BTW , most cd-based consoles before the PS1 used memory cards......case in point the sega-cd.

I was just waiting for you to use that

Nintendo fans have been saying Motion Controls are the future. Surely that means it's just "progression", yes? And they should be happy both Sony and MS are also jumping on the tech... Yes?

But oh no. It's TERRIBLE that they are also starting with Motion Control! How dare they! 

Using motion controls is not progression as it is breaking the mold on how we play video games which makes it different than anything welse on the market.....thats innovation.

The only difference between the dvd and cd is that one has more storage than the other......it would still be possible to have the ps2 use cd's but it would be far too troublesome and whould probably take at least3-4 cd's for each game......if you consider this innovation than every single mp3 manufacturer who has had the mp3 with the highest storage at one point has innovated......which complete bull as all they did was just add more gigs of storage.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

jneul said:
PearlJam said:

again for the misinformed go read my thread mini games, like the sports one existed on ps2 way before the wii, Sony did not copy the Wii, they just styled their controller to look too much like the wiimote, which admittedly is irritating, but honestly, how else could you make it different, Even Natal which uses some new technology, copies from the original eye toy

Eyetoy plays differently then wii's motion control. Oh and, Eyetoy failed. Why do people keep using this argument? Eyetoy was a gimmick with no good games.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Carl2291 said:

Sony did not innovate anything......their controller at launch didnt even have any analog sticks but once the N64 analog was getting praise , sony made the dual-stick model controller and when nintendos rumble pak took off , sony made the dual shock......all sony has done is copy Nintendo by literally doubling it.

It is a case of follow the leader.

Sony have historically improved upon those ideas though, so it's not all bad.

Analogue -> Dual Analogue

Rumble Pak -> Built in Rumble

Anyway...
Why do we never see any complaints about say, the DVD? Wasn't the PlayStation 2 the first console to use DVD tech? Yet now it is used by the Xbox... Or wasn't the original PlayStation the console with CD-based tech to first "use it successfully", with over 100Million units sold? We never hear anything about those though do we?

Or even the PlayStation Memory Card... Surely that was the first to be uber popular, with 100M+ sales of the console... Why don't we ever hear anything about that? Both Wii and 360 STILL use Memory Cards.

Being the first to be popular isnt the same as being innovative.....which should be obvious.

And the ps2 using dvd's is just progression NOT innovation.....there were other gaming machines using discs as mediums and dvd's were the next discs to be used. You dont hear about any of these in an innovations discussion because they have no place in them.

Yes Sony broke these once after thought products and made them gaming standards , but that is not innovating that is using past ideas for your own success.

Thats one reason I believe that the Move will fail and Natal will have a chance to succeed......the move is already copying something that is easily the biggest thing in console gaming history which is the wii-mote and that will make it look like a copycat.While Natal is copying something that faltered and improving on it vastly which is the eyetoy.....this gives Natal a chance while the Move is already sent to its deathbed at birth.

*BTW , most cd-based consoles before the PS1 used memory cards......case in point the sega-cd.

I was just waiting for you to use that

Nintendo fans have been saying Motion Controls are the future. Surely that means it's just "progression", yes? And they should be happy both Sony and MS are also jumping on the tech... Yes?

But oh no. It's TERRIBLE that they are also starting with Motion Control! How dare they! 

Using motion controls is not progression as it is breaking the mold on how we play video games which makes it different than anything welse on the market.....thats innovation.

The only difference between the dvd and cd is that one has more storage than the other......it would still be possible to have the ps2 use cd's but it would be far too troublesome and whould probably take at least3-4 cd's for each game......if you consider this innovation than every single mp3 manufacturer who has had the mp3 with the highest storage at one point has innovated......which complete bull as all they did was just add more gigs of storage.

In that case, the EyeToy on PS2 (or even the Dream Eye on Dreamcast, if you want) should also take credit for Motion Controls, as they also redefined how we played videogames then, now and in the future (PS Eye / Natal). Infact, when Natal is shown... And the PS fanbase goes crazy over it with the "OMG EyeToy copy!" bullcrap, can i expect to see you backing the PS Fans?

From what i've seen on these forums for well over a year, the general thought of the Wii fanbase is that Motion controls are the "future", and Sony/MS needed to jump on board / "Catch up". Now they are, it's just not fair and they are copying scum. The thing they seem to be bothered about is how Sony have slated the motion controls, but now embrace them... Hypocrisy. Which is just the same as what the Nintendo fans are doing as we speak...

Samus Aran said:
jneul said:
PearlJam said:

Eyetoy plays differently then wii's motion control. Oh and, Eyetoy failed. Why do people keep using this argument? Eyetoy was a gimmick with no good games.

does it matter wii still nicked the mini game ideas from sony, who nicked their ideas from sega with the dream eye, just watch this

PS VITA = LIFE

Pilat said:

Famboy party f**k yea

omg LOL I almost peed hahahaha

jneul said:
Samus Aran said:
jneul said:
PearlJam said:

does it matter wii still nicked the mini game ideas from sony, who nicked their ideas from sega with the dream eye, just watch this

I already knew Nintendo didn't invent table tennis, so that vid was pointless.

Samus Aran said:
jneul said:
PearlJam said:

what does "failing" have to do with anything? You're avoiding the fact that the idea and tech was already there in the first place. Being successful at "copying" a product, doesn't mean that you're not taking ideas from that product. So, by your logic, activsion was the first to invent a guitar game because konami's guitar freaks was not as popular? get real.

So if Sony decides to release a power glove and virtual goggle system, then go on to make billions of profit off of it, they'd be the real innovators right?