By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is God of War III that great?

Honestly I thought Bayonetta was so nonsensical and boring, everyone who says god of war is a button masher, start off on Titan Difficulty, Bayonetta is around a 7/10 whereas God of War III is definitely a 10.

Around the Network

love this game off to bits. the 1st 15 minutes alone put gow 1 an gow2 to rest. this is game is the definition to EPICNESS!

the story, the gameplay the visuals and Sony Santa Monica were right. the lighting is the best lighting i have ever seen in a game. it does actually blind u at times.

i found the game difficult on normal :S got stuck on hardes and had to switch to easy mode :s

mOeR-rpGee said:
pizzahut451 said:
I havent completed the game yet, but for now its:

1.GOW2
2.GOW3
3.GOW1

The Posedion fight in the beggining was very dissapointing but the Hades fight was SO EPIC

why would they make a fight 20 mins into the game difficult and complex? newcomers to the series would slam the controller down and flip the bird to the game...

they wanted to make it epic, rather than complex... it was to show off what is to come... and what follows tops even that... i mean the chronos fight was just WOW...

no game has left me so impressed as this one... the stuff sony santa monica tried to pull off and actually did is amazing.

compared to Rhodos and Hydra and that EPIC air fight with Pegasus, Posedion was a zero. Hades and Hercules on the other hand... And i hate how you dont even fight Helios and Hermes. But my biggest problem with this game is that there is wayyyy TOO MUCH boring platforming and puzzles. Everything else in the game is awesome

It's kind of like a 3rd person metroid game with less focus on the puzzles and a lot more focus on the action and story.

I normally don't like repetitive game genres like FPS and hack&slash, but GOW III is the exception.

Wagram said:
Some of the boss fights are really fun. and the way they end is pretty intense. I think so far that it is better than GoW1, but not as good as GoW2.

Hmm, I thought GOW III had a very cheesy ending.

Around the Network
monsterone said:

I am interested in buying god of war III, but only if it is an outstaanding game. I have seen some reviews and it sounds like it is impressive. I just don't trust these review sites. I am hoping for some feed back from actual players. Anybody got some feedback? I would appreciate honest and fair input. thanks.

Yes, its up there with some of the great games like Uncharted 2 & Modern Warfare II..very mindblowing...I believe for those who don't care for this game just give it one try and we love this game..

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

S.T.A.G.E. said:
God of War 3 so far is nowhere near as challenging as the other games, but it is soooooooooooo epic!!!!

Yes, you're right about the challenge part...I feel the 2nd time around I will up the hard level...the only hard part is the puzzles...some

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

This is my first God of War and I say HELL YES IT IS WORTH IT.

It is true, in my opinion, that as a hack and slash you are in front of a somewhat simple concept when it comes down to gameplay, but at the same time it is really fun to play and, you know it already, the most epic game out there.

I need the GOW collection.. darn

mM
mOeR-rpGee said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
God of War 3 so far is nowhere near as challenging as the other games, but it is soooooooooooo epic!!!!

are you playing it on god (normal) or titan (hard) because on hard the boss fights become painful. especially the cerberus (with the styar) and the the maze with the waves and waves of dudes.

Even the normal of GOW 2 was harder. I am not saying the game is bad....not every game has to be perfect.