By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is God of War III that great?

I havent completed the game yet, but for now its:

1.GOW2
2.GOW3
3.GOW1

The Posedion fight in the beggining was very dissapointing but the Hades fight was SO EPIC

Around the Network

^^^GoW1 was the one that turned me off to the series. It was good but not great. If what you're saying is true......

Beyond the first 20 minutes, it is incredible.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

The quicktime events were a big turn-off to me and are why I never finished the first game. Were they a big part of 2 also and are they still a part of 3? The GoW games always looked great, but I really hate that game mechanic with a fiery hot passion.

I give this thread a 9.4.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Profcrab said:
The quicktime events were a big turn-off to me and are why I never finished the first game. Were they a big part of 2 also and are they still a part of 3? The GoW games always looked great, but I really hate that game mechanic with a fiery hot passion.

It's a staple of the series.

So no

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
God of War 3 so far is nowhere near as challenging as the other games, but it is soooooooooooo epic!!!!

are you playing it on god (normal) or titan (hard) because on hard the boss fights become painful. especially the cerberus (with the styar) and the the maze with the waves and waves of dudes.

IllegalPaladin said:
Profcrab said:

So no

Thanks.  That's a shame.  Visually they look great and the regular action moves were fun in the first game, I just can't over the QTE they used during the boss fights and bigger enemies.  .  I alwayed hoped that they would move away from them.

I give that post a 9.7.

pizzahut451 said:
I havent completed the game yet, but for now its:

1.GOW2
2.GOW3
3.GOW1

The Posedion fight in the beggining was very dissapointing but the Hades fight was SO EPIC

why would they make a fight 20 mins into the game difficult and complex? newcomers to the series would slam the controller down and flip the bird to the game...

they wanted to make it epic, rather than complex... it was to show off what is to come... and what follows tops even that... i mean the chronos fight was just WOW...

no game has left me so impressed as this one... the stuff sony santa monica tried to pull off and actually did is amazing.

Profcrab said:
IllegalPaladin said:
Profcrab said:

So no

Thanks.  That's a shame.  Visually they look great and the regular action moves were fun in the first game, I just can't over the QTE they used during the boss fights and bigger enemies.  .  I alwayed hoped that they would move away from them.

I give that post a 9.7.

the QTE's are only used to finish off bosses and things like centuar generals... because they have a very cool death animation... you have to do the boss ones.. but for other ones you can just beat them to death...

i play on the hardest available difficulty so the QTE's were sent from heaven... trust me... when you are fighting 2 minotaurs and a wave of grunts... you welcome those QTE's on the minotaurs because it means 1) this baddy is going down 2) a break from dogging and trying to survive 3) some health orbs from the qte

and they have done a really cool job with the QTE's.. they will appear on the screen where the button is located... like x in the middle bottom part... square a the left side middle etc... so you don't have to break away from watching the action...

all in all... playing on hard.. QTE's are my 6th best friend.. after the blades, cestus, whip, doge and grapple.

mOeR-rpGee said:
Profcrab said:
IllegalPaladin said:
Profcrab said:

So no

I give that post a 9.7.

the QTE's are only used to finish off bosses and things like centuar generals... because they have a very cool death animation... you have to do the boss ones.. but for other ones you can just beat them to death...

i play on the hardest available difficulty so the QTE's were sent from heaven... trust me... when you are fighting 2 minotaurs and a wave of grunts... you welcome those QTE's on the minotaurs because it means 1) this baddy is going down 2) a break from dogging and trying to survive 3) some health orbs from the qte

and they have done a really cool job with the QTE's.. they will appear on the screen where the button is located... like x in the middle bottom part... square a the left side middle etc... so you don't have to break away from watching the action...

all in all... playing on hard.. QTE's are my 6th best friend.. after the blades, cestus, whip, doge and grapple.

I understand that some people like them, but I hate em.  They take control of the character out of my hands and make me play Simon Says to finish a boss or enemy.  Since I just spent several minutes using the skill that I built up by playing the game to that point, I feel that QTEs cheat me out of the victory I just earned by making the climax a minigame.  I don't play action games to play minigames, especially not in the thick of combat.  I think they are a developers crutch because they don't want to spend the time to integrate certain aspects of the fight with the moves that you have already learned in the game or they feel that you are somehow more immersed if you have to match a flashing button on the screen.  Some may, I don't.  I feel separated from the game and if I miss the QTE and I have to fight the boss again to that point, I want to throw the controller.

I give that post a 9.6.