By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - God of War + God of War 2 have sold 8 million copies combined

The article doesn't specify if it's sold to consumers or shipped, nor does it give a breakdown on each title. I have a feeling it's shipped though.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-ct-godofwar16-2010mar16,0,4271362.story

Well done God of War, this is the first time I've seen the sales of the series outside of VGC. Combined with COO and Collection it's a 10 million seller franchise, well done.

Around the Network

"The previous two God of War games sold 8 million copies combined for PlayStation 2"

Interesting.

well, we are missing some data for the ps2 days, but perhaps he accidentally included chains of olympus?

if it's shipped, then its 8 million, because sony doesn't make GOD OF WAR or GOD OF WAR II for PS2 anymore

mM

Well what about GoW collection, If you add that, it has gotta be much higher.

Around the Network

I highly doubt that.

We can safely assume a high end of 3.5 million for GoW and 3 million for II. That's 6.5 million.

Now if he were to include Chains of Olympus and/or the Collection, then definitely 8 million +.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

LA Times sounds like a very trustworthy source for video game sales.

I love how everyone is disputing the LA times source.....I believe the numbers seem very feasible for the first 2 games.

well why shouldt we believe those sales? i mean vgchartz look to be way off. not even any europe data for the games and not only that but its a ps2 game. a lot of ps2 games have wrong sales on vgchartz. they aint just gonna go around saying 8 million without a source. so these must have come from sony or something.

I think the main titles in the series will sell around 12 million lifetime after calculating God of War III worlwide LTD sales.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY