By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - God of War + God of War 2 have sold 8 million copies combined

ioi said:
He's including Chains of Olympus for some reason...

Certainly doesn't look like it as he said "The previous two God of War games sold 8 million copies combined for PlayStation 2", considering the numbers on vgchartz is not complete and LATimes is most likely talking about shipped numbers, I'd say the numbers here look pretty good

Now you guys can believe whatever you want, that's your prerogative and within your rights, but the LA Times is not some small publication or small website that would be making numbers up for clicks. They are a big, respectable and credible source. Unless they issue a retractment (sp?) to that statement or unless SCE themselves comes out and gives us the shipped numbers, I'll believe the numbers they have given.

Around the Network

any first day data sales for God Of War 3???

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

i was going to say maybe he was counting the collection as two but just adding chains of olympus makes more sense

It's possible... but i'm not going to take it over Vgchartz numbers without a source.

ElGranCabeza said:
ioi said:
He's including Chains of Olympus for some reason...

Certainly doesn't look like it as he said "The previous two God of War games sold 8 million copies combined for PlayStation 2", considering the numbers on vgchartz is not complete and LATimes is most likely talking about shipped numbers, I'd say the numbers here look pretty good

Now you guys can believe whatever you want, that's your prerogative and within your rights, but the LA Times is not some small publication or small website that would be making numbers up for clicks. They are a big, respectable and credible source. Unless they issue a retractment (sp?) to that statement or unless SCE themselves comes out and gives us the shipped numbers, I'll believe the numbers they have given.

no but he could very well have heard 'the god of war franchise sold 8 million" and not realized their was a PSP game.