By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I saved up enough money for God of War III but I'm not going to buy it.

BHR-3 said:
good idea snake i also save my money in a coin jar too mines a bear coin jar not a pig one though

kinda lost interest in gaming too idk what it is if im getting to old (the material in most games are pretty kidy for me now i cant get into it) or that im not impressed with the current games its like once you played one game you played them all, you played gow 12 snake no real need to play 3 its pretty much the same thing

also i have a way that i can buy a game keep it for 3 months then be able to get all my money back (dont know if i'd get banned explaining how to do it PM me) i only keep the games i liked alot or have meaning to me

lol your so funny sometimes BHR-3.

I always loved the pig ones.

Around the Network

Some of the responses here sound like asshole responses.

Good that you are saving money. That always pays off.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Do you know what I do with 70 bucks? I wipe my ass with that! ... and than I hope they can be still used as a valid legal tender :).

Anyway, I'd suggest you to look for some job, 70 dollars really isn't anything special, I have a good job, so earning money have never been problem for me since I was 18, I manage it while studying. Saving that cash has a sense only if you are in existentional crysis. I had banked a really huge amount of cash and it's pointless, it's better to invest that money into something, be it you for your enjoyment or some way to increase that amount.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Pipedream24 said:
Seece said:
pizzahut451 said:

you still bursted his bubble. He was saving that money ever since Christmas and you just came and said ''your 70 bucks are meaningles'' Not everyone gets paid 2500 dollars a month, you know.

saving money now serves little purpose, when he gets older, saving $70 WILL be meaningless. He's young (obviously) so he should be spending his money on himself and not worrying about saving that money which took him months to save, cos he'll earn that in a day when he gets a job.

Stop blabbing on.

That is the most untrue statement you could tell someone.  The earlier you begin saving money the better.  Compounding interest works to you advantage the longer you have it invested.  Once your in a position you should be investing 15% of your income for future use/retirement.  I'd much rather be 55 and comfortable then 70 and having to work at Mcdonalds because I pissed away my money. 

But you're missing out on GOW 3, I'm playing it right now and it is pretty awesome. 

exactly, I saved 10% of everything I made from as soon as I could count til I was married and had over $20k in the bank. Sure, $1-2 week saved doesn't add up to much now, but a good habbit can't be started early enough.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

How dare you not spend mindlessly like every other irresponsible American?!

Around the Network

I save my change in The Stig's head.. Only problem being the 50c pieces don't fit in the slot :S

Anyway.. You're clearly young and if you want to save your money then save it! Obviously you don't think you'll get a lot out of God of War 3 compared to its price and that's perfectly understandable, if I had saved enough money for one video game and it took me 3 months to do it, I'd only spend it on a game that I knew I'd enjoy for a long time and for me that'd mean it'd be either a Mario Kart, 3D Mario or console Zelda title.

I don't hold many other games in the same high regard. I'd probably also add GT5 to the list, even though I haven't played any other entry in the series, I know I'll spend a LOT of time on that one.

@OP
brings me lots of happiness to read sad little stories in the internet in the morning [/sarcasm]... man if you don't have any thing to give us (gaming community) keep it to your self... or else some day all people will start to make of this forum its daily journal and no one want that!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

if there is ONE GAME you MUST get for ps3 it is God of War 3...

I got it yesterday and have yet to pick my jaw off the floor...

It is the most technically advanced game to date that really shows where we have come in technology as of 2010...

These first party sony developers are on a whole nother level, and they eat, sleep, and dream cell processor....

DO NOT MISS THIS GAME.. IM SERIOUS

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Oh, for Christ's sake, people, he's doing something responsible and he thought he'd tell his favourite online community. Some (most) people in this thread need to grow the hell up.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Snake612 said:

Today I checked in my coin jar and realized that I've saved up about 70 bucks since Christmas. I had originally intended on buying God of War III when I started saving up money on Christmas day. After cashing in my coins today, i realize that I don't want to buy God of War III anymore. I don't have anything against the game because it looks like a great game. Its just that after all those months of collecting coins, do I really want to spend it all on a video game that I probably won't play after I finish it? The answer is no. I decided to put some of the money I saved in my savings account. I'm just going to keep saving money and putting it on my account until I can buy something I really need. I probably won't buy video games or anything game-related for a long time.

Snakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Your post and your foot are just as contradictory as it gets.

Go get the game, enjoy your savings and after that, if you don't like it anymore, sell it for 40 dollars. The experience of a gamers lifetime would have only cost you 30 bucks.