By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I saved up enough money for God of War III but I'm not going to buy it.

if there is ONE GAME you MUST get for ps3 it is God of War 3...

I got it yesterday and have yet to pick my jaw off the floor...

It is the most technically advanced game to date that really shows where we have come in technology as of 2010...

These first party sony developers are on a whole nother level, and they eat, sleep, and dream cell processor....

DO NOT MISS THIS GAME.. IM SERIOUS

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Around the Network

Why is there so much hate for the OP's action? I don't get it. Maybe its a culture thing. Asians tend to value saving a lot more....

Good for the OP I say.

Good for you snake, its your money so do what you feel best for you.

mibuokami said:
Why is there so much hate for the OP's action? I don't get it. Maybe its a culture thing. Asians tend to value saving a lot more....

Good for the OP I say.

You would think more people would be proud someone his age is able to act like this.

Games4Fun said:
mibuokami said:

Good for the OP I say.

You would think more people would be proud someone his age is able to act like this.

Exactly, its especially baffling to see "adults" mocking him for trying to form good habits, that's so mean spirited its just plain depressing.

When I was a kid, I saved every cent I could because it was drilled into my head at an early age that 'saving during the good time helps during the bad time'. And let me tell you it was a damn fine lesson that I took to heart. That $70 might not be much for a lot people here, but those that are putting the OP down for taking good care of such a 'minute' sum of money failed to see the point of the excercise.

Around the Network

I have bought god of war 3 and i saved up money like you to buy the game too xD
Though i don't regret my decision (since i preordered it and have waited for this game)
i think you should at least rent the game since its the best freaking game yet until
splinter cell conviction comes out. Rent it its a must play IF not a must have.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

pariz said:
Snake612 said:

Today I checked in my coin jar and realized that I've saved up about 70 bucks since Christmas. I had originally intended on buying God of War III when I started saving up money on Christmas day. After cashing in my coins today, i realize that I don't want to buy God of War III anymore. I don't have anything against the game because it looks like a great game. Its just that after all those months of collecting coins, do I really want to spend it all on a video game that I probably won't play after I finish it? The answer is no. I decided to put some of the money I saved in my savings account. I'm just going to keep saving money and putting it on my account until I can buy something I really need. I probably won't buy video games or anything game-related for a long time.

Snakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Your post and your foot are just as contradictory as it gets.

Go get the game, enjoy your savings and after that, if you don't like it anymore, sell it for 40 dollars. The experience of a gamers lifetime would have only cost you 30 bucks.

he would be better off renting it from blockbuster for $10 and returning it late for a $2 fee. 1 month for $12 is cheaper than what you are suggesting.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
pariz said:
Snake612 said:

Today I checked in my coin jar and realized that I've saved up about 70 bucks since Christmas. I had originally intended on buying God of War III when I started saving up money on Christmas day. After cashing in my coins today, i realize that I don't want to buy God of War III anymore. I don't have anything against the game because it looks like a great game. Its just that after all those months of collecting coins, do I really want to spend it all on a video game that I probably won't play after I finish it? The answer is no. I decided to put some of the money I saved in my savings account. I'm just going to keep saving money and putting it on my account until I can buy something I really need. I probably won't buy video games or anything game-related for a long time.

Go get the game, enjoy your savings and after that, if you don't like it anymore, sell it for 40 dollars. The experience of a gamers lifetime would have only cost you 30 bucks.

he would be better off renting it from blockbuster for $10 and returning it late for a $2 fee. 1 month for $12 is cheaper than what you are suggesting.

You are right. I didn't know you could get them so cheap in the States. Here, in Argentina, things are way different (and way more expensive).

pariz said:
nordlead said:
pariz said:

You are right. I didn't know you could get them so cheap in the States. Here, in Argentina, things are way different (and way more expensive).

it is more exploiting the system than anything, but hey blockbuster put themselves in such a position in the first place by charging $7 for being late 1 day and then getting themselves sued.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Yep. Saving up for a 10 hour game isn't worth it unless you know you'll be spending multiples of that time playing the same game online! And since I don't( can't ) game online, I can't buy such a short game!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs