By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I saved up enough money for God of War III but I'm not going to buy it.

Don't parents do cool stuff like giving their kids house/garden/shopping/walking dog work for some extra cash anymore :/

Mine got me used to that when I was 13, and everyone was happy with the arrangement.
But yeah, just rent and get to enjoy some things you want to do.

Around the Network
RPGJock said:
Woa. First, the crack about being 30 because he is being "fiscal responsible" I am 35 and I far from being fiscal responsible. ;)

But there nothing wrong with wanting a better value with your saved money. I do suggest renting the game. Even better, take the money you saved and get a Gamefly subscription. That way when you get tired of the game, send it back and get a different one. Get some mileage out that $70 you wanted to spend on the game. The key is be smart with the money and not necessarily horde it.

I agree. God of War III is a single player game and if you don't plan on playing the game after beating it once, you're not gonna get much mileage out of it. It's like what? 12 hours or so? If you have the time to beat it within 5 days, go to your local rental store and rent it from there. Or do what I do and get a rental subscription. I really recommend rental subscriptions. Just make sure to get more than 1 game out at a time because if you go with 1 game at a time, waiting for shipping is going to be really annoying.

Gamefly is $23/month for 2 games out at a time. If you can afford that, go with that. It's a great deal. For just $23/month, you're gonna get a whole lot of gaming under your belt. Only real complaints I have about rental services: takes awhile to get games shipped to you (that's why 2 games out at a time is a must. Even with 2 games at a time, it still annoys me. lol I got bored of the first two games I rented very quickly so I sent them back quickly and it was a long wait to get a fresh delivery of games to sink my teeth into. Thankfully my backlog of games I own kept me busy. lol After I send back the latest rental I played and used up my 2nd rental spot on a FF13 reserve (even with a reserve, I still don't have it. lol), I'm gonna have another lull period. Once again, my backlog to the rescue. Oh and I gotta be productive and shit this week anyway. Assignment and test coming up. lol.

i personally dont care if ur gonna buy it or not. i have it on pre-order n im excited for it as hell! Damn EU slacking dates!!!

Ok, people, this thread is getting ridiculous.

He's still in school, he doesn't have a job, and there are more important things for him to be spending his money on.

Congratulations for doing what you think is right in this situation--only you can know what that is.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Great story, that really made my day.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

True story, it happened to a friend of a friend of mine. Too bad you'll be missing out :(

there is no place for people with that attitude on a site like this...

gow seems more like a borrow game with just the campaign in all. I'm sure you know some one that will lend you the game after they beat it

Good idea Me and my friends lent a lot of games to each other so we could save for that one game or one thing we really really wanted.

Seece said:

saving money now serves little purpose, when he gets older, saving $70 WILL be meaningless. He's young (obviously) so he should be spending his money on himself and not worrying about saving that money which took him months to save, cos he'll earn that in a day when he gets a job.

Stop blabbing on.

lol 70 bucks a day. you don't have high hopes for the young padawan do you. i suspect he'll be working for this guy?