By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII is the fastest selling game in the series!

Acevil said:
mOeR-rpGee said:
Acevil said:
mOeR-rpGee said:
outlawauron said:
mOeR-rpGee said:
Carl2291 said:
mOeR-rpGee said:
its also the worst.

You are wrong. Quit trolling.

OT:
Great news!

Let's see if it can keep it up with the legs though.

how am i trolling? i play rpgs... i played final fantasies.. i played 13... i found 13 to be the worst i have played in the series... i can therefore give an opinion.

the post was for those to not get caught in the hype of sales figures SE will throw out there to get on the fence buyers to buy... don't.

No, your post in responce to the news that it's the fast selling game in the West was "It's also the worst". Nothing at all to do with the sales of the game. Besides, the thread is even in sales discussion. I understand that you don't like it, but it's really the place for it.

sure.

Just quote metacritic already, I know you want to! Quality is subjective end of story, I think Final Fantasy XII is the worse, followed by Final Fantasy X-2.

Added: Quantity is what is going to matter in the end, and this game has sold 5 million copies for square enix, no one can deny that number. (The end customer is not part of this thread, no offense anyone)

Also added, while I think it is wrong for carl (DQ IS NOT GOING TO THE PS3) to call you out, you were trolling this thread.

why would i quote metacritic on a game i played? and i don't consider x-2 a final fantasy game in the same importance as the number series... and 12 was pretty bad but it had redeeming qualities.

Because I assume that is what the cool kids do this days. Regardless, I think you shouldn't have brought up the fact that this is worse FF in your opinion, in a thread that has nothing to do with quality.

metacritic has its uses. you can't deny the opinion of 100+ gamers that are paid to do nothing but talk, write and play games... but if you play a game and like it.. then its useless. i didn't. don't even know its rating on the website... probably in low 90's i assume. i didn't like it.

Around the Network

It's also the best, imo. Deserves every sale. It's great that haters got pwned by the monumental sales of this game. Again, every FF is devisive. People who realize the series changes with each entry are more knowledgable than those who expect more of the same, because they'll probably be dissapointed, and they certainly don't know the franchise.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Honestly? Better than VII?

I find that hard to believe...

Xen said:

Bah, that'd be quite easy.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

13 is good number

↑ drawn by Tino Vainamoinen aka ex-NFG.  thx 

へんたい from japan, sorry.my english is suck,so plain english plz.  thx

Around the Network

Good to hear.

FF13 deserves all the sales it gets.

Bah, stop picking on mOeR-rpGee.

Wait until he gives us an ACUTAL reason to hate him.

Xen said:

Xen, it wasn't even the best one on the PS1.

Although, for me, I expect to be IX>VII>X/XIII (not sure yet)>VIII.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

good sales

Xen said:

If you are talking about sales-wise, its not really that hard to believe when you consider the fact that FF VII sold decently over a longer period because of good word of mouth. I believe FFs after VII were more front loaded, wheras VII was more steady.

Just comparing VII to VIII in Japan, VII only sold about 2 million week one but went on to sell about 4 million. VIII sold 2.5 million week one but only ended up selling a little over a million more after week one. I'm assuming this situation was even more extreme in America since VII made FF a mainstream series.

I'm talking sales, you jokers. It's widely known that VII is the best selling FF to date... and I'm still waiting for my copy of XIII to arrive so I can even judge it...

Ah, and while we're at it, IX was the worst on PS1. VII > VIII >>> IX