By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII is the fastest selling game in the series!

darthdevidem01 said:
EXCELLENT NEWS!

Well done FF13, you deserve it

@OkeyDokey

Nice excuse

looks like people just can't accept FF is still BIG & as strong as ever.

Maybe the series will die down,after ff25. lol

Around the Network
Xen said:
I'm talking sales, you jokers. It's widely known that VII is the best selling FF to date... and I'm still waiting for my copy of XIII to arrive so I can even judge it...

Ah, and while we're at it, IX was the worst on PS1. VII > VIII >>> IX

Bugger off you, IX was class and while we're at it I think both FFXIII and FFXII are much better games then many people want to admit if anyone doesn't like either of them go jump off a bridge.

@ mOeR-rpGee

Its okay, you can have negative opinions here long as it isnt against Nintendo (then youd be risking getting banned!), if you say something about Sony, then the admins will let the forum goers rip you apart. = P

Xen said:
I'm talking sales, you jokers. It's widely known that VII is the best selling FF to date... and I'm still waiting for my copy of XIII to arrive so I can even judge it...

My impression is that you started playing Final Fantasy games with VII, or that you're one of those who judge a book by its cover (i.e. the super-deformed look of the characters.).

IX was to most long time fans of the series a much wanted return to source.  Unlike its 2 predecessors, it didn't try to take itself more seriously than Christian Bale on Terminator's shooting sessions.  It didn't try to shove our throat with pre-pubescent pseudo-oedipians shenanigans.  And more importantly IX didn't have any plot-holes or ambiguous story-telling.

IX was an homage to the series, a gift to the fans of the classics (I through VI), and was remarkably designed and conceived.

Hynad said:

Xen said:

My impression is that you started playing Final Fantasy games with VII, or that you're one of those who judge a book by its cover (i.e. the super-deformed look of the characters.).

IX was to most long time fans of the series a much wanted return to source.  Unlike its 2 predecessors, it didn't try to take itself more seriously than Christian Bale on Terminator's shooting sessions.  It didn't try to shove our throat with pre-pubescent pseudo-oedipians shenanigans.  And more importantly IX didn't have any plot-holes or ambiguous story-telling.

IX was an homage to the series, a gift to the fans of the classics (I through VI), and was remarkably designed and conceived.

Your impression is wrong and downright offensive.

First of all, my first FF was X. Second, I dislike IX for a huge lot of reasons:

1. Terrible story

2. Only two good characters among the whole cast (Freya & Steiner)

3. Villain is a bloody joke. Sephiroth is a joke too, but at least the game has other fun elements

4. The battle system is atrocious and the slowest I ever used.

It's a terrible homage to fans of those classics that you're talking about - mainly because FF's IV through VI are good games.

@Wyrdness: IX is infinitely inferior to its PS1 counterparts. 

Around the Network

Its also the best I've played!

Xen said:

@Wyrdness: IX is infinitely Superior to its PS1 counterparts. 

Fixed.

Well deserved of course.

But it can very easily be explained by the fact that this time it's multiplatform.

Wyrdness said:
Xen said:

@Wyrdness: IX is infinitely Superior to its PS1 counterparts. 

Fixed.

Joke of the week so far.

I just have one thing to say about FF. Bring back the damned MOGs I want my MOGs damnit.