By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EDGE Magazine - Issue 213 Scores (GoW3 - 8/10)

Pretty decent scores all around. NMH2, Infinite Space and Sakura Wars all did better than I expected. I thought Yakuza 3 would get a 7+ though.

Is Alice the DS version? That one looks great actually. I'm also guessing BlazBlue is the PSP downport?

Around the Network

Damn. I predicted a 9 for GoW3, they were due a high PS3 exclusive score I thought. Still 8 ain't bad if they GoW2 got less and FFXIII a 5.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

FF13 in my own Review deserves atleast a 7.5
How the hell can Bad Company 2 receive a lower score than MW2? LOL! Theres no Innovation in MW2, The upgrade from MW wasn't even BIG LOL
Goodbye Edge i will never Steal your magazine ever again LOL

Edge seems to be reserving their PS3 9's for Gran Turismo and Last Guardian. I'm much more surprised at the Yakuza 3 score, but I guess it doesn't really do anything different compared to other similar titles.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

jarrod said:
Pretty decent scores all around. NMH2, Infinite Space and Sakura Wars all did better than I expected. I thought Yakuza 3 would get a 7+ though.

Is Alice the DS version? That one looks great actually. I'm also guessing BlazBlue is the PSP downport?

No. Europe still hasn't gotten BlazBlue (PS3/360) yet.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Damn so much crying, I can't believe it. I guess it's impossible to pleased everyone

What's wrong with an 8? It's a pretty good score especially coming from Edge, and it's just a score. Don't get so worked up over this; it's not like they insulted your mother or something. It's tiring seeing the same people screaming bias at Edge for not giving a 9 or 10 to the almighty PS3 exclusive. Just ignore them and move on.

Anyways, I played the GoW III demo, and I wasn't impressed. Maybe because it felt more of the same - been there, done that.

Nice score for Infinite Space.

I'm impressed with Edge. And with GoW3, since it's managed to break Edge out of its 7-happy mood.

Also, Alice in Wonderland doesn't suck? O_O

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Lol at the people acting like this is a new thing.

People generally are pissed at Edge for two reasons:

1.)  Out of every review magazine in existence, they have a the lowest overall average rating for PS3 exclusives.  They don't have this issue with 360 exclusives, if I remember correctly.  In other words, they have the biggest (or one of the biggest) discrepancies between how they rate games on different consoles.  There was a interesting article about this a few months back, which listed a bunch of magazines' review averages for exclusives sorted by which console they're on.  One could use the discrepancy between these different consoles' review averages to make a logical argument that if there is one game magazine or group of reviewers in the entire world which is biased against a particular console, the statistics suggest it would most likely be Edge.  If you don't believe that anyone in the world is biased, good for you.

2.) They're kind of a joke when it comes to reviewing RPGs.  Japanese ones in particular.

If you want to argue about those things, fine, but don't act like people are pissed at a magazine because one game just happened to get an 8.  If you didn't know, now you do.  If you were pretending ignorance... erm... stop being annoying?

In other news, 8 is a pretty good score.

Alic0004 said:

1.)  Out of every review magazine in existence, they have a the lowest overall average rating for PS3 exclusives.  They don't have this issue with 360 exclusives, if I remember correctly.  In other words, they have the biggest (or one of the biggest) discrepancies between how they rate games on different consoles.  There was a interesting article about this a few months back, which listed a bunch of magazines' review averages for exclusives sorted by which console they're on.  One could use the discrepancy between these different consoles' review averages to make a logical argument that if there is one game magazine or group of reviewers in the entire world which is biased against a particular console, the statistics suggest it would most likely be Edge.  If you don't believe that anyone in the world is biased, good for you.

Link to said article?  Because honestly, this claim smells like bullshit...