By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EDGE Magazine - Issue 213 Scores (GoW3 - 8/10)

10 or 8.. its pretty insignificant.. GoW3 is not gonna undersell bayonetta.

Simple as that.. Really..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
wow... Alice iN Wonderland scored the same as MGS4.

GotY confirmed!!!!

EDGE gave MGS4 an 8

http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/edge-review-metal-gear-solid-4

Typical Edge.

/sarcasm on

I like the fact that Halo 3 ODST > God of War 3. Because unlike Halo, God of War didn't evolve at all.

/sarcasm off

Anyway, I expected 8 (while hoping for 9) from them so I don't really care. It got -1 for not beeing on Xbox and -1 for not enough innovation. I can live with that even though EDGE are still laughable. (Dragon Age Origins - 5... ofc ofc) They have biased and inconsistent reviews.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

aragod said:
/sarcasm on

I like the fact that Halo 3 ODST > God of War 3. Because unlike Halo, God of War didn't evolve at all.

/sarcasm off

Anyway, I expected 8 (while hoping for 9) from them so I don't really care. It got -1 for not beeing on Xbox and -1 for not enough innovation. I can live with that even though EDGE are still laughable. (Dragon Age Origins - 5... ofc ofc) They have biased and inconsistent reviews.

Halo 3 is still today one if not the best console online experience, it deserves its' 10/10.
God of War 3 is a good sequel and rated as such.
If you don't like Edge reviews then don't read them.

Halo 3 is still today one if not teh best console online experience, it deserves its' 10/10.

God of War 3 is a good/great sequel according to Edge and they gave it an 8. If you don't like Edge reviews then don't read them.

Mario Galaxy, Modern Warfare, Grand Theft Auto, Gears of War, Halo, Mass Effect, Little Big Planet, Metroid Prime, Forza, etc. are all games pushing their respecive genres so they deserve the hype.

Around the Network
fighter said:
aragod said:
/sarcasm on

/sarcasm off

Halo 3 is still today one if not the best console online experience, it deserves its' 10/10.

Halo 3 is still today one if not teh best console online experience, it deserves its' 10/10.

God of War 3 is a good/great sequel according to Edge and they gave it an 8. If you don't like Edge reviews then don't read them.

Mario Galaxy, Modern Warfare, Grand Theft Auto, Gears of War, Halo, Mass Effect, Little Big Planet, Metroid Prime, Forza, etc. are all games pushing their respecive genres so they deserve the hype.

Lol wut? I was comparing Halo 3 ODST to GoW3, since ODST was a short campaign with map pack included. There wasn't anything new or innovative over H3, yet they gave it 9. Half of their scores doesn't make any sense, they are inconsistent and biased, that's a fact proven by their track record. I'm not saying they are biased towards certain console, but their opinions differ from issue to issue, contraindicatory and what not. They either dwelve so hard on innovation, that it looks like it's the only thing they care about, yet then comes out the game game with nothing new and they score it almost perfect with the reason "it's still fun even after 3 years"? You kiddin right?

And fyi GoW3 is not only pushing it's own genre, but it sets industry standart in setpieces, technology, polish and tight gameplay. So it should be right there with the games you've listed.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Alice!

fighter said:
aragod said:
/sarcasm on

/sarcasm off

Great reply.

If there was a gaming experience on the xbox that deserves a 10 its halo 3. the online is still innovative, 3 years later. Video edits are amazing, map editor rules, all the different game types and maps are brilliantly designed...Bungie weekly updates don't hurt either.

In any case, nothing wrong with an 8 for GOW3. Its still at 94 on metacritic...you people don't need to have a heart attack.

GoW 2 got a 7 from Edge. But don't care about Edge, seriously. They are usually 20% of or more from Meta Critic or Game rankings, what does that tell you about the reviewer?

FFXIII a 5 hahahahahahaha i would give that game at least an 8.

8 + 1.5 = 9.5