By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EDGE Magazine - Issue 213 Scores (GoW3 - 8/10)

DaBuddahN said:
jarrod said:
Alic0004 said:

1.)  Out of every review magazine in existence, they have a the lowest overall average rating for PS3 exclusives.  They don't have this issue with 360 exclusives, if I remember correctly.  In other words, they have the biggest (or one of the biggest) discrepancies between how they rate games on different consoles.  There was a interesting article about this a few months back, which listed a bunch of magazines' review averages for exclusives sorted by which console they're on.  One could use the discrepancy between these different consoles' review averages to make a logical argument that if there is one game magazine or group of reviewers in the entire world which is biased against a particular console, the statistics suggest it would most likely be Edge.  If you don't believe that anyone in the world is biased, good for you.

Link to said article?  Because honestly, this claim smells like bullshit...

This article happened. I saw it here myself on VGC. But thats not the full story. The article was about which reviewers were biased towards what console. Edge, statistically speaking, had a huge tendency to give 360 games higher scores, especially shooters and Halo games in general. While on the other hand, I think they concluded IGN was a tad more lenient towards the PS3. But at the end, the graph presented showed the statistical bias of Edge towards the 360 was significantly greater than IGN bias towards the PS3.

Good, I'm glad someone else remembers it :)

It's kind of hard to find with searches.  I think I saw it on Kotaku or Gamasutra?  Anyway, no offence Jarrod, but I already just wasted half an hour looking for it so I'm done.  The data Dallinor posted is basically exactly what you would get in the article anyway, without pretty graphs.  He basically listed all the highly rated (80+) exclusive games on each system, so you can at least get the stats for how Edge rates highly rated games for that, even if you think including other games would make a big difference.  (It's actually pretty much without exception highly rated games people complain and care about anyway, so it seems like a pretty complete set of data to me.  If you really care about that, though, you should get all the games between 50 and 80 and add them to the list, or something like that.)

Around the Network

^I just went to their (Edge's) Metacritic synopsis about Halo 3....

100 Edge Magazine

"In substance it’s nothing new, merely a magnificent, beautiful monster of an FPS sequel. In concept and execution, though, Halo 3 is the future. [Nov 2007, p.80] "

NOTHING NEW, and that's the FUTURE.... RFLMOWSOIPMOFOLOL!

Hypocrites? nah, it's business!

ProdigyBam said:
DaBuddahN said:
I have said it before, and I will say it again... Edge are extremely biased towards Halo games... That is all ... Oh, and extremely biased towards the shooting genre is general.

Yeah, we all know they LOVED killzone 2 and Resistance 1&2, right? RIGHT?

:/

Ehm, let me make it clearer, they re more biased toward 360 shooters in general... and to CoD games. This may be because they like the 360 controller better. Who knows. But, when it comes to other genres, the PS3 and 360 score almost the same. 

^really? MGS4 got one of the RARE 80s from Edge. Gears of War 2, more of the same? 9 from Edge. Heavy Rain got a 7 which is around what the give to every 8-8.8 game on other sites. And the undisputable king of 2009, Uncharted 2 got a 9, but that would be last straw if it had been less than that.

BOTH LEFT 4 DEAD games got 9 from EDGE. LOL. So much for the exclusivity and special quality of the "9" from them. L4D , really? a 9? including that sequel? LMAO!

And Mass Effect 2 is a 9 of course, even though is also, more of the same (and even less) than the first one. They didn't like the first one that much, 'cause they said it was not quite Star Wars LOL! I guess ME2 is quite like Star Wars then, 'cause that one got a 9.

The writing on the wall is clear. BIAS. BUSINESS.

And who the fuck writes a review and signs it "BY EDGE STAFF" ? who the fuck is Edge Staff? do they all play the game, do they split the episodes/chapters/hours of gameplay between reviewers and then put together a single review?? LOL! what a piece of crap!

Around the Network

I find all this rather funny. When some Wii games got much lower scores than average from Edge, various people went overboard justifying Edge and calling those who dared mention bias "damage control", "apologists" etc etc. Lately the tables are turning somewhat, and now "Edge is biased". I just find it funny.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

• -1 point for not being multiplat if ya know what I mean.
• -1 for looking like dantes inferno,byonetta n heavenly sword
• -1 being to damn violent, ruthless, bloody n beastly
• +11 for beaing the best game ever!!!!
= final score 8 which ends up being an 10++++ little

ok now edge reviewers are just retarted in my book....WKC=ffXIII reaaaallllyy?....

All I want to say is.

according to Edge. Crystal Bearers > FFXIII by 2/10

I suppose Wii fans are crying over nothing. ;), Better enjoy your FF spinoff

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

For all of you who believe that edge is bias against PS3 is a lie this is a good read http://edgevsmeta.blogspot.com/2010/03/edge-vs-metacritic-does-games-platform.html