By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
meatloaf73 said:
Although his words are too harsh, it's true IMO. The Wii is a novelty. It's the least played console in my house. Yes Wii do wait 4 the Mario and Zelda games, but it's not a "Gaming Console" per say. Price point, and adults like the "My kid will be exercising too" idea. So, in saying that, it's in it's own little catagory. It's not like your gonna play Halo 3OSD or God Of War, then go back to mario Kart lol

Thank you representative of all gamers.  It's great to know that we can count on our gaming representatives to ensure that all definitions, standards and policies for our industry are as black and white as possible with no gray area what so ever.  And that only your perspectives matter.  I mean my gosh, what would happen if people actually used their Wii to play video games?  Such a preposterous notion indeed.  

In fact, I propose that you as a gamer representative announce more solid definitions for Wii such as what the games should be called.  We can't call them video games since the Wii isn't a video game system.  It's a toy, right?  Perhaps video toys?  Calling them video games gives them too much credit.  Games aren't toys, right?

Oh, and we need to defiine usage qualifications.  I suggest we take whatever number is lower between PS3 and X360 and proclaim that any toy that plays video toys for a play time average less that than the preceding 2 video game consoles be labeled as a toy. 

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Don't take it personal VIPER1, It's my opinion. Opinions can't be wrong!!!!

meatloaf73 said:

Who told you opinions can't be wrong?  Opinions can be very wrong.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

meatloaf73 said:
I agree, but when the PS3 was $700 and the 360 was $600....... the Wii was $250.00. That took the cake right there. If they were all equal in Price, then I believe there would be a totally different outcome. But who knows. Im not saying that My Will doesn't get played, but it seems to me like it's played when the other 2 consoles in my house are being used. BUT it was the most used console at one point. Not it is last. 360 is a close second and at this point in time the PS3 is the leader, but I bought BFBC2 on the 360, so the 360 is catching up. lol

Woulda coulda shoulda. Hey what if the N64 useind CDs instead of cartages? Who cares cause thats not what happened. lol. Also the price point your pointing out there is playing right into one of my main arguments. They made the Wii weak, hardware wise, and becuse of that it was cheaper. That was a tatical decision and THE CORRECT ONE! Most of the time the most powerfull machine dosen't win the generation anyways and this ones no exception.

And what did Sony do? Made a console that costs, at launch, ~$800 to make and was selling it at an insane $600 pricetag and STILL taking huges losses on each one sold. Then they go out, like the arragant assholes they were, and tell you to "get a second job"! lol i mean really. Then they get there heads out of there asses, after being beaten by the 360 and dismantaled by the Wii and finally put it at a good price point @$300. And now there making some headway. And hey soon they wont be losing money on everyone they sell lol, WOOT!

Non of this really matter though. You have your PS3 and 360 and love them both. You don't understand why people like me love the Wii. Thats fine but please just repect that others love the Wii more than the HD twins. And were not all soccer moms and noob dumb ass casuals ok. Thats all i ask.

@Viper1:

pretty venomous bro lol. Goes with your avatar lol, i like it. Keep up the good fight brother.

theRepublic said:
meatloaf73 said:

Who told you opinions can't be wrong? Opinions can be very wrong.

Opinions are frequently wrong. And usually smell like ass. That would explain the odor in this thread.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

^LoL Claude haha bring the Fabreeze.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Kage848 said:
aragod said:

Ok. This will be my last post to you. And I would not have made this one except i just wanted to point out rule #17: Can't compare Wii to the PS2, for some reason...=0)

And i don't think your totally wrong. But its more complicated than the 3rd parties not making good enough games or the Wii audiance being too casual. There advertiseing issues. There are also niche type of games that aren't going to sell millions no matter what. There is also the issue of 3rd parties having to contend with Nintendo's own games. I mean thats got to be tough no? Also theres 2 issues I think are holding the Wii back more than anything else. Online SUCKS! And the hardware is weak. The Wiis online needs to be better for Dev's to really make the badass hardcore games on it. Same goes for the limited power the machine has. But in order to reach the market the Wii was trying for they wanted to protect the 10yr olds from all the child molesters out there and needed a nice pricepoint for the machine. Because of the pricepoint they had to make it a bit weaker then maybe some of us would like. They can't aford to throw money away like Sony or MS.

Ok i went on a lot more than I wanted to there but there it is.

I know it's more complicated than that and I fully agree with the reasons you've pointed out. But some of them have bigger impact than others.

Online sucks, hardware is weak - yes, compared to HD twins yes. But that's not holding some titles to sell gangbusters. If you are Wii owner, your competetion is on the Wii, so it's fair race for everyone who's willing to participate. Wii has practicaly 50% marketshare, yet those 3rd party non casual new IP games sell less than comparable titles on HD twins. So what is(are) the main reason(s)?

Not enough marketing (advertising issues)

Niche titles

Lower quality titles

Casual / non gamer audience

Which problems can be adressed and which can't? Everything except the audience, you can hardly affect that if you are developer / publisher. Now if we took some of the games I've pointed out couple of pages before, we could try to find which one of these issues concerns given title most. But when you rule out Lower quality and Niche title, there isn't much excuses left to justify poor sales on the largest userbase, other than the casual / non gamer audience. Marketing and advertising is strong in the gaming community due to word-of-mouth, basically if given title is really great, it will find it's way (Demon's Souls for example).

Maybe I forgot something, but the logical conclusion for me is still the same:

The main reason why good "hardcore" games aren't selling well on the Wii is due to the mostly casual audience. There are other factors in place, but I feel that this is the most important one.

fyi Mario Kart Wii isn't really casual game in my book, I was thinking more about Mini game collections, sports, music games etc...

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

meatloaf73 said:

Not so much that I'm taking it personally nor did I intend to single you out but merely to demonstrate via your post that it's unreasonable to relegate a notion such as Wii being a toy vs a video game console based personal opinion given that personal opinion has no relevance to a fact.

You can say a chihuahua isn't a real dog all you want but the fact is it is a real dog whether some people like it or not.  The same with Wii.  You can say it's not a real video game console all you want but it is.

Does it make guys like you feel better to call it something as a means to trvialize its merit?  The superiority complex on display by many PS3 owners is what seems to generate this inane agenda to extol the virtues of PS3 and demoralize the Wii.

The Wii winning this generation's sales race doesn't diminish the PS3 in any capacity yet it appears many PS3 owners cannot fathom this obvious notion and will do all they can to project their "superior" console as superior in every facet even if irrational and irrelevant.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

LOL! this guys an idiot. I wonder why he's not the CEO at DICE anymore. Hmmmm I wonder???

Wichdog69

Yeah, the Wii is a virus. Everlasting. And the 360 is bacteria . . .

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .