By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
meatloaf73 said:
Don't take it personal VIPER1, It's my opinion. Opinions can't be wrong!!!!

Only if they are both logical and based on fact.

Illogical: I hate a game becaue it's on a system I don't like.

Based on a false fact: GTA is bad because you can rape women in the game.

Valid opinion: God of War is not am appropriate game for young children because of the nudity and violence.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

lol at the 360 being bacteria

mM

in my case hes right.

i never played my wii cause of the fact it had so little games i actually thought were any good and not just shovel ware.

Pock3R said:
in my case hes right.

i never played my wii cause of the fact it had so little games i actually thought were any good and not just shovel ware.

Good for you and for the other posters with similar opinion, but you need to realize that if some game executive would have said in an interview "PS3 is an amoeba and actually nothing but a glorified blue ray player", based on my personal experience this would be totally true  ( I am serious ) because I have played some PS3 games elsewhere, and if I had one in my house it would be mostly gathering dust besides my Wii (which is played every day), occasionally used for a blue ray movie.

So - is my experience proof of "PS3 is an amoeba and a glorified blue ray player"? It is as much as anyone's personal experience is proof that this ex CEO is correct... Meaning imo that you can have whatever opinion and experience you want, but it is not proof/confirmation of what this guy says. (and to set the record straight, despite my experience potentially confirming it, I do not think the PS3 is a glorified blue ray player).

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
Pock3R said:
in my case hes right.

Good for you and for the other posters with similar opinion, but you need to realize that if some game executive would have said in an interview "PS3 is an amoeba and actually nothing but a glorified blue ray player", based on my personal experience this would be totally true  ( I am serious ) because I have played some PS3 games elsewhere, and if I had one in my house it would be mostly gathering dust besides my Wii (which is played every day), occasionally used for a blue ray movie.

So - is my experience proovef of "PS3 is an amoeba and a glorified blue ray player"? It is as much as anyone's personal experience is proof that this ex CEO is correct...

Great point.

My PS3 gathers dust in my house. I play it but not nearly as much as my Wii. In my house the PS3 is nothing compared to my Wii. But the diffrence between me and most PS3 fans is i know that other people view the PS3 and Wii in a diffrent light and whats more is I can respect that. I don't go around trying to diminish what the PS3 is or is doing in the market and I don't look down on PS3 owners. The same can't be said in reverse.

@aragod:

"The main reason why good "hardcore" games aren't selling well on the Wii is due to the mostly casual audience"

I dissagree. I think if the WIi had proper online and hardware up to par with the PS3/360 then the 3rd party games would sell just fine. MW2 would be on the Wii and sell like crazy. Batman AA, ditto. Any 3rd part game would sell like crazy. But you can't really enjoy MW2 with shitty online structure, ie friend codes. And you can't make the game the same because the graphics would be so much worse. If these games were on the Wii and up to par with the HD counterparts they would sell. The fact is plenty of hardcore players own a Wii. I think its pretty clear most people own 1 hd console and a Wii.

Around the Network
Kage848 said:
bmmb1 said:
Pock3R said:
in my case hes right.

So - is my experience proovef of "PS3 is an amoeba and a glorified blue ray player"? It is as much as anyone's personal experience is proof that this ex CEO is correct...

Great point.

My PS3 gathers dust in my house. I play it but not nearly as much as my Wii. In my house the PS3 is nothing compared to my Wii. But the diffrence between me and most PS3 fans is i know that other people view the PS3 and Wii in a diffrent light and whats more is I can respect that. I don't go around trying to diminish what the PS3 is or is doing in the market and I don't look down on PS3 owners. The same can't be said in reverse.

@aragod:

"The main reason why good "hardcore" games aren't selling well on the Wii is due to the mostly casual audience"

I dissagree. I think if the WIi had proper online and hardware up to par with the PS3/360 then the 3rd party games would sell just fine. MW2 would be on the Wii and sell like crazy. Batman AA, ditto. Any 3rd part game would sell like crazy. But you can't really enjoy MW2 with shitty online structure, ie friend codes. And you can't make the game the same because the graphics would be so much worse. If these games were on the Wii and up to par with the HD counterparts they would sell. The fact is plenty of hardcore players own a Wii. I think its pretty clear most people own 1 hd console and a Wii.

Ahem, 930k (and counting) MW:Reflex players say hello (and mostly disagree)

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Modern Warfare 2 would have lesser graphics, but if the online and local multiplayer was as good, that would matter the most.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

bmmb1 said:
Kage848 said:
bmmb1 said:
Pock3R said:
in my case hes right.

Great point.

@aragod:

Ahem, 930k (and counting) MW:Reflex players say hello (and mostly disagree)

Yea theres no doubt MWR did ok for a old port. But if the Wii had the powerfull hardware and the great online that the HD console have then the Wii would be getting MW2 instead of the 2 year old port that everyone has played already. Thats my point.

And for the record, i have stated this already but i feel i need to stress it, I think Nintendo made the right decision and I understand why they did what they did.

"Yea theres no doubt MWR did ok for a old port. But if the Wii had the powerfull hardware and the great online that the HD console have then the Wii would be getting MW2 instead of the 2 year old port that everyone has played already. Thats my point."

Although that's more because Activision has true multiplatform ideals than developers who claim they would support a more powerful Nintendo system, but didn't do the same for the GG (no the disc size was not a reason, since multiple discs was an option).

LordTheNightKnight said:
"Yea theres no doubt MWR did ok for a old port. But if the Wii had the powerfull hardware and the great online that the HD console have then the Wii would be getting MW2 instead of the 2 year old port that everyone has played already. Thats my point."

Although that's more because Activision has true multiplatform ideals than developers who claim they would support a more powerful Nintendo system, but didn't do the same for the GG (no the disc size was not a reason, since multiple discs was an option).

Some third parties will probably never support Nintendo the way it got supported with NES SNES If they end up doing it next gen after this gen's domanation I will be surpised.