By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz is now on GameRankings

loadedstatement said:
Mendicate Bias said:
So does this mean were going to get review copies on a more consistent basis now?

Also are we going to get an actual review team similar to what other sites have like IGN? Because right now it seems like the reviews come out randomly and that all the reviewers are sort of doing their own thing with no talking or sharing of ideas between people.

We've been getting review copies for over a year now.  We get around 15 copies on a month with a healthy number of releases.  I know people who work for every publisher and they all give us video games. There isn't a single one who never gives us games. It's usually a matter of allocation (whether they have enough copies to hand out to all the big sites).

And we do have a dedicated review team. There are a few things that will help us release reviews closer to release date. This is one step closer.

OK for some reason I thought that the larger publishers weren't giving us review copies of games as frequently as the smaller publishers. So I'm assuming were going to be getting review copies of the big 2010 games like GoW3, Splinter Cell, GT5, Fable 3 and Halo Reach ahead of time?

Its also good to hear that were going to be getting reviews released closer to release date. Are there any incentives for reviewers currently besides helping the community? Are we ever going to get to a stage were reviewers are paid?

@Naznatips

I know we have a review team. What I meant to ask is if we would ever have second opinions on game reviews or round-table discussions for big games discussing multiple reviewers opinions of a game like IGN currently does. Also are the review teams split up into consoles teams or is it simply based on what console each reviewer has?

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Around the Network

There are games in those list with just 5 ,7 , 8 reviews.

I still prefer Meta

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Wow. That is epic. GTA needs to be pushed farther down!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Congrats VGCharts team!

The top 3 all have 97 avg

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Huge congratulations and keep up the good work, I've been surprised with some scores as of lately (pleasantly I might add) so this acknowledging is in order.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Congrats Tough CoO will go down because of this

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Kantor said:

Ahem.

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html

We've affected the top three

Awesome! I really like the scores VGChartz gives.

Also, Nintendo Power gave OOT a 9.5! Holy crapcakes!

D:

VGChartz took Demon's Souls out of the 90% region!

D:

Congratulations to all VGChartz reviewers and to loadedstatement!

Also, take that GTAIV! :P

Signature goes here!