By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Nintendo Media Summit 2010 HYPE & ANNOUNCEMENT Thread

routsounmanman said:
1 - Major third party game announcement
2 - DS successor
3 - SMG2 & Other M blowout
4 - A couple of Nintendo new games (Mario Party 9 with WM+)
5 - Black Wii and bundles

Source?

Or is this a prediction?

@Majin-Tenshin -

live blog - http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/02/nintendo-summit-liveblog/

Nintendo twitter - http://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica

On a personal note - Im hoping for Cosmic Walker

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

has anybody mentioned kid icarus yet?

megaman79 said:
routsounmanman said:
1 - Major third party game announcement
2 - DS successor
3 - SMG2 & Other M blowout
4 - A couple of Nintendo new games (Mario Party 9 with WM+)
5 - Black Wii and bundles

Source?

Or is this a prediction?

@Majin-Tenshin -

live blog - http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/02/nintendo-summit-liveblog/

Nintendo twitter - http://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica

On a personal note - Im hoping for Cosmic Walker

Thanks! (And also thanks to the previous person who wrote a link to Nintendo's twitter).

I have to ask, though, at that liveblog... Where is the actual liveblog part of it? Or is it just not up yet?

EL_PATRAS said:

Damn, there goes another train.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

nordlead said:
megaman79 said:

This is just to warn you of the potential for disaster today.

Disaster is coming to NA!!!! OMG!!!!

You saw an opening, and you seized it! Well done.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

People, I just made a prediction! Sorry for the confusion!

Majin-Tenshinhan said:

Thanks! (And also thanks to the previous person who wrote a link to Nintendo's twitter).

I have to ask, though, at that liveblog... Where is the actual liveblog part of it? Or is it just not up yet?

Ive seen it during E3 or another conference before.

Its just text on the page itself, so just f5 it but it should automatically update.

-- I think Go Nintendo are doing live blogging too. Go have a look.

megaman79 said:

EL_PATRAS said:

For the first time in months, someone made me lol on VGChartz. XD

Marking this so I can shake my head and tut-tut when nothing big happens.

Alternatively:

Marking this o I can let all of you see it as I explode when something awesome happens.

megaman79 said:

EL_PATRAS said:

i meant in this thread, but I guess a kid icarus announcemnet is pretty unlikley.  We can still dream, amirite?