By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Nintendo Media Summit 2010 HYPE & ANNOUNCEMENT Thread

woopah said:
Nintendo of America: Morning!! Today is packed full of fun and new info to share! We can’t wait! Any guesses on what we have up our sleeves?

Not Zelda Wii, that's for sure.

I'm keeping somewhat realistic expectations.

Around the Network

Ideal: 2D Metroid for DS; Kirby Wii

What I expect: 10s of new footage in total for SMG and Metroid. And 99% repeating stuff we already know.

People are getting wayyyy too hyped right now, tone it down guys or get ready for some disappointment when they don't reveal FF 15, Resident Evil 6, Devil May Cry 5, GTA 5 and Bioshock 3 for the Wii

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Myak-04 said:
Still 40 min left >_< ... (dunks head in cold water)

Have a coffee or a redbull

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

1 - Major third party game announcement
2 - DS successor
3 - SMG2 & Other M blowout
4 - A couple of Nintendo new games (Mario Party 9 with WM+)
5 - Black Wii and bundles

^^PREDICTION^^

Around the Network
griffinA said:
People are getting wayyyy too hyped right now, tone it down guys or get ready for some disappointment when they don't reveal FF 15, Resident Evil 6, Devil May Cry 5, GTA 5 and Bioshock 3 for the Wii

I don't think anybody wants that. I know that personally, I don't want any of that.

Anyway, does anyone have a link to any of the livefeeds that will be covering this event? Only 25 minutes to go, after all!

griffinA said:

Some people are getting way too negative right now. Just chill and let the conference happen? People are bound to get excited and some people will always be disappointed afterwards. As far as I'm concerned two of the most important things have already been announced (reasonably early timeslots for MG2 and MoM).

Plus I don't want any of those titles anywhere near my Wii.

like 20 minutes to go!

i'm just expecting more info/fottage/dates on games we already know about, like smg2,metroid:other m, and monster hunter tri. maybe they'll have some wiiware/vc/channel/system update they'll announce to be out right now?

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Myak-04 said:
Are there any other Australians staying up for this, or am I the only crazy one? XD

Well I only need to stay up till one so Im there with you in sprit

Majin-Tenshinhan said:

Anyway, does anyone have a link to any of the livefeeds that will be covering this event? Only 25 minutes to go, after all!

http://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica

The rEVOLution is not being televised