By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter predicts Natal will outsell Arc 5:1 at launch!

Didn't Sony say they want to make the arc a de facto controller for the PS3. The best way to achieve that is to bundle it with every PS3 sold, which I am sure will be done.

Around the Network
TheSource said:

Natal is probably going to be bundled with Xbox 360s while the Arc won't be bundled with PS3s.

How do you know?

He also based his prediction on its entry price.
Pachter thinks Natal will be priced around $50 ($79 at most).

Bundling it with PS3 at the same price would hurt Sony financially...they sure as hell can't raise the PS3 price though.

So they probably at best would have a $250 PS3, and a $300 PS3 + Arc.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

I think natal will seel more but i think natal will more then likely be a 2 to 5 million.....yeah big gap but i think that either a lot of core gamers will buy it and it will sell 2 - 3 million or a lot of casual gamers will be enticed and will pick it up boosting it to 3 - 4 million. If bundled i think it could hit 5 million.

The problem is that i don't know any non-gamer who has heard Natal. Microsoft will most likely advertise for it, but even then I still think the casual crowd has a,"Maybe I should get a Wii." mindset.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network

I expect a $299.99 120GB ps3 or 250GB bundled with PS ARC, or else they just sent it out to die.

mM

I actually agree with him, more or less. Microsoft seems to be betting the farm on Natal, while Sony seems to be positioning Arc as 'another thing' they're doing, alongside 3D and larger Blu-Ray space.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
TheSource said:

Bundling it with PS3 at the same price would hurt Sony financially...they sure as hell can't raise the PS3 price though.

So you also expect a $50 cut of PS3 this year too?

without software to evaluate the full potential of the peripheral its insane to make such predictions...

where can i get a job like this guy have? i also can make insane predictions!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

TheSource said:

interesting never thought of that wat will the 250gb ps3 cost then? 300$? i dont see sony doing that, that would mean all would get the 300$ bundle with arc and not the 250gb stand alone which would make sony lose $

if theres a 249$ this year that would be huge would potentially stop anything MS will do since the price gap now is 100$ and if ps3 goes to 250 and 360 is likly to go 15 this year gap will be the same resulting in same current WW sales

idk wat this patcher guy is talking bout would like a prediction contest with him though hard to say, if he counts bundled natals than its a no brainier as i dont see ps3 bundling arc with it but if he counts sold then i think it will be a different story also how will vgc track arc and natal? will they even track arc they dont track eye

Play Me