By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Numbers Up - Feb 6, 2010! More adjustments too?!

Good sales, PSP, Xbox 360. Bad sales Wii, DS, PS3.

Tease.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Complications said:
CGI-Quality said:
Complications said:
I'd love to know wtf is going on with this site.

Seems like simple adjustments. This is should be considered normal for a sales tracking site, especially since they are rough estimates, even though ioi does his damnest to be as accurate as possible.

Simple? There are adjustments every week on this site from what I see, and they're all bad for PS3 fans

I still don't get how 3M consoles are out in the wild though. I understand that the 3M number is financial transactions by Sony - but that still doesn't make sense. Why is Sony dealing in such large orders in advance when, according to this site, the PS3 hasn't been selling as well as we thought? Also, why have retailers ordered 3M PS3's when again, they aren't selling as well as we thought according to this data.

Anyway, Im sure the numbers will fix themselves out after a while.

Why are adjustments bad for PS3 fans? It is what it is, there's no escaping that. To me, this stuff shouldn't be taken so seriously, the only ones that should honestly be affected are Sony. There's plenty of games to play and the sales #s won't change that.

Perhaps it IS ammo for those heavily into console wars, but for gamers as a whole, it's nothing. As long as Sony heads towards profit and continues to pump out the goods, I see nothing bad for PS3 fans.

Cause PS3 fans obviously like to see their console selling well, and most PS3 fans don't understand why their console is being adjusted down, so therefore they are bad adjustments for PS3 fans.

But your right. Games >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sales, and PS3 fans, like other console fans, have plenty of great games.

CGI-Quality said:
Complications said:
CGI-Quality said:
Complications said:
I'd love to know wtf is going on with this site.

Seems like simple adjustments. This is should be considered normal for a sales tracking site, especially since they are rough estimates, even though ioi does his damnest to be as accurate as possible.

Simple? There are adjustments every week on this site from what I see, and they're all bad for PS3 fans

I still don't get how 3M consoles are out in the wild though. I understand that the 3M number is financial transactions by Sony - but that still doesn't make sense. Why is Sony dealing in such large orders in advance when, according to this site, the PS3 hasn't been selling as well as we thought? Also, why have retailers ordered 3M PS3's when again, they aren't selling as well as we thought according to this data.

Anyway, Im sure the numbers will fix themselves out after a while.

Why are adjustments bad for PS3 fans? It is what it is, there's no escaping that. To me, this stuff shouldn't be taken so seriously, the only ones that should honestly be affected are Sony. There's plenty of games to play and the sales #s won't change that.

Perhaps it IS ammo for those heavily into console wars, but for gamers as a whole, it's nothing. As long as Sony heads towards profit and continues to pump out the goods, I see nothing bad for PS3 fans.

I thought everyone knew that the more consoles sold, the more developer interest, the more reason to dev with ps3 as lead, more exclusives etc etc. Sales are more than just e-peen and console war fodder.

Squilliam said:
Good sales, PSP, Xbox 360. Bad sales Wii, DS, PS3.

You make my heart smile.

This time last year:

DS 383,247
Wii 371,410
360 174,283
PSP 157,613
PS3 133,960
PS2 80,035

So, Wii down year on year entirely due to USA, it's flat in others (which is better YoY than the last few weeks, maybe Just Dance really is giving Wii some momentum?) and up in Japan, PS3 is strongly up YoY as it tends to be these days and 360 is badly down.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

Everytime i see the the PS3 adjusted down, i look at Uncharted and the game suddenly looks all shoddy and dull!

No wait, it actually looks as awesome as ever, so why would i care? why would anyone care?

And if my PS3 would be the only one ever sold i wouldn't care. No wait, i would, because that would make me really special

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Nice.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

room414 said:

it's almost comical...the ps3 has outsold the 360 every week for over 5 months and yet the gap keeps getting bigger

Should I say that 5 months back the gap was much bigger than it is now, so It does make sense since PS3 obviously got overtracked.

Do you actually remember what was the gap the first week PS3 started outselling the 360 back in September?

Also, adjustments seem to relate only with the Others region.

room414 said:

it's almost comical...the ps3 has outsold the 360 every week for over 5 months and yet the gap keeps getting bigger

that's the power of the cell at work.  ps3, the only console capable of traversing time in both directions at once!

theprof00 said:

I thought everyone knew that the more consoles sold, the more developer interest, the more reason to dev with ps3 as lead, more exclusives etc etc. Sales are more than just e-peen and console war fodder.

That is my thought as well. That's why I want to see so many PS3's out there so developers stop ignoring the PS3 and even at 30+ they still ignore it.