By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Numbers Up - Feb 6, 2010! More adjustments too?!

Seece said:
room414 said:

it's almost comical...the ps3 has outsold the 360 every week for over 5 months and yet the gap keeps getting bigger

This made me LOL

Going by shipments, I feel ioi will get some more solid date soon and adjust PS3 up.

Please PS3 fans don't freak out like last time .............

What were the latest shipping numbers in Sony's last quaterly report?   Total and for that quarter?

Around the Network

strong wii/ds, poor psp

Looking back at the frontpage again, with wii being down .1%, it looks like 360 was adjusted up rather than ps3 being adjusted down, which would cancel out my previous statement. I'll just let the pros do the talking from here on out I guess lol

Vetteman94 said:
Seece said:
room414 said:

it's almost comical...the ps3 has outsold the 360 every week for over 5 months and yet the gap keeps getting bigger

This made me LOL

Going by shipments, I feel ioi will get some more solid date soon and adjust PS3 up.

What were the latest shipping numbers in Sony's last quaterly report?   Total and for that quarter?

Brr forget, but it made the gap about 5.5 million.

Seece said:
room414 said:

This made me LOL

Around the Network

Adjustements against the PS3 ... again and again .

CGI-Quality said:
Complications said:
I'd love to know wtf is going on with this site.

Seems like simple adjustments. This is should be considered normal for a sales tracking site, especially since they are rough estimates, even though ioi does his damnest to be as accurate as possible.

Simple? There are adjustments every week on this site from what I see, and they're all bad for PS3 fans

I still don't get how 3M consoles are out in the wild though. I understand that the 3M number is financial transactions by Sony - but that still doesn't make sense. Why is Sony dealing in such large orders in advance when, according to this site, the PS3 hasn't been selling as well as we thought? Also, why have retailers ordered 3M PS3's when again, they aren't selling as well as we thought according to this data.

Anyway, Im sure the numbers will fix themselves out after a while.

the gap shud be still somewhere betn 5.5 and 5.9 mn after VGChartz adjust ps3 up.

Look at the adjustment! MS moneyhatting VGC confirmed?
And look again, PS360>Wii, even by just a whisker... Nintendo not moneyhatting enough confirmed?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

CGI-Quality said:
Clanki said:
Adjustements against the PS3 ... again and again .

I wouldn't really consider it 'for or against' the PS3 in absolute form. It's just that as more and more data is available, the info is adjusted accordingly.

What data though?

I don't see how a small % sample size of the market allows for more adjustments to be made than SONY/NPD reports for example.

But I dunno.

Ima shuttup now. 

I know what'l happen if I go on...